Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Rules Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/17-40k-rules-discussion/)
-   -   Eldar how do the remnants of glory work? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-rules-discussion/125251-eldar-how-do-remnants-glory-work.html)

jwillyeo 06-04-13 05:07 PM

Eldar how do the remnants of glory work?
 
As the title suggests I don't know how I am to go about using the remnants in the new elder codex as there doesn't appear to be anything telling me who I can attach one to.

Digg40k 06-04-13 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwillyeo (Post 1379964)
As the title suggests I don't know how I am to go about using the remnants in the new elder codex as there doesn't appear to be anything telling me who I can attach one to.

It is included in bold if they can take Remnants of Glory in the points costed section at the back mate.

Desolatemm 06-04-13 05:23 PM

A character entry in the army list section (the area with points costs) will say that it may take items from the Remnants of Glory(page #). On the page with the list of Remnants, it says you may replace one weapon with one of the Remnants of Glory. Some have notes indicating Spiritseer/Farseer only or "does not replace weapon". Other than that, they are just wargear that operate as written in the dex.

The only thing that i'm not sure about is if you can replace more than one weapon. It says to replace one weapon with one of the Remnants of Glory, but can you replace ANOTHER one weapon with one of the Remnants of Glory. For instance an Autarch exchanging his pistol with Remnant A and his close combat weapon with Remnant B.

jwillyeo 06-04-13 05:39 PM

So I can take the shard of anaris for example on fuegan replacing his fire axe and he then attacks at strength 6 with instant death if making a challenge?

Desolatemm 06-04-13 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwillyeo (Post 1379981)
So I can take the shard of anaris for example on fuegan replacing his fire axe and he then attacks at strength 6 with instant death if making a challenge?

Only units WITH THE ENTRY that says you can take Remnants of Glory are allowed to do so. Just look at the entry. All of the named characters do not have access to the list. It must say they can take items from the Remnants of Glory. Why would you think Fuegan can?

Zion 06-04-13 06:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Desolatemm (Post 1379991)
Only units WITH THE ENTRY that says you can take Remnants of Glory are allowed to do so. Just look at the entry. All of the named characters do not have access to the list. It must say they can take items from the Remnants of Glory. Why would you think Fuegan can?

To add to that, all named characters already have their own Remnants of Glory.

Desolatemm 06-04-13 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zion (Post 1379993)
To add to that, all named characters already have their own Remnants of Glory.

^This. But those are NOT to be confused with the list that is available to other units. Named characters have personal Remnants of Glory that are only available to them and it specifically says what it is and how it works.

jwillyeo 06-04-13 06:19 PM

I've made sense of it all now. Thanks for the help only the autarch, farseer and spiritseer get to choose remnants from the list.

DeathKlokk 06-05-13 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desolatemm (Post 1379998)
^This. But those are NOT to be confused with the list that is available to other units. Named characters have personal Remnants of Glory that are only available to them and it specifically says what it is and how it works.


This reminds me of my DnD group who are always looking for the mythical "Staff of Badass Motherfucker" (it's the one that says "Badass Motherfucker" on it). Our DM says "If you want the Staff of Badass Motherfucker, you must kill the Badass Motherfucker that has it!

Desolatemm, It says you trade one for one so if you have two weapons you may trade both.

Vaz 06-05-13 01:04 PM

[quote=Desolatemm;1379974]
Quote:

The only thing that i'm not sure about is if you can replace more than one weapon. It says to replace one weapon with one of the Remnants of Glory, but can you replace ANOTHER one weapon with one of the Remnants of Glory. For instance an Autarch exchanging his pistol with Remnant A and his close combat weapon with Remnant B.
You may replace "One" weapon, not "two" or "up to two", or "and/or" which is what you typically see in Codices. Having said that I've not got the Eldar 'Dex so I'm SoL and first hand knowledge, and I don't play a 6th edition army yet (only got a Skyray so far).



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:23 PM.

Powered by the Emperor of Man.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome