Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   Space Marine RUMORS Updated: 29/05/2013 (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/124680-space-marine-rumors-updated-29-05-2013-a.html)

Jacobite 05-24-13 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaz (Post 1374109)
I've heard that the Iyanden Codex is just a painting guide or similar, no inclusion of rules, just pure fluff, background, and painting, so no "pay-to-win" mentality.

That was my understanding of it as well.

MadCowCrazy 05-24-13 04:13 AM

Eldar Codex - 39€
Eldar LE Codex - 80€ (Was 70€ before)

IYANDEN: A CODEX ELDAR SUPPLEMENT - 39€ (release 15th June!)
IYANDEN CODEX SUPPLEMENT SPECIAL EDITION - 65€ (release 15th June!)

The supplement has to be like a separate codex, it costs the same as the bloody codex itself and has a limited edition? €65 for a limited edition painting guide? Let me say that again, A LIMITED EDITION PAINTING GUIDE?!

Jacobite 05-24-13 04:17 AM

Any word on what it actually contains yet? Fluff and painting only or rules as well?

Zion 05-24-13 04:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy (Post 1374345)
Eldar Codex - 39€
Eldar LE Codex - 80€ (Was 70€ before)

IYANDEN: A CODEX ELDAR SUPPLEMENT - 39€ (release 15th June!)
IYANDEN CODEX SUPPLEMENT SPECIAL EDITION - 65€ (release 15th June!)

The supplement has to be like a separate codex, it costs the same as the bloody codex itself and has a limited edition? €65 for a limited edition painting guide? Let me say that again, A LIMITED EDITION PAINTING GUIDE?!


Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacobite (Post 1374348)
Any word on what it actually contains yet? Fluff and painting only or rules as well?

From what I've heard it may or may not have any or all of the following (enough being thrown around that I can't say what is or is not true on this):

- Scenarios
- Psychic Powers
- Warlord Traits
- Fluff
- Painting Guide

Honestly with it not being out until the 15th I don't expect to see info until after the main release is out of the way.

Squire 05-24-13 10:28 AM

I think there should be fewer supplement codices, not more. In the 3.5 edition of the CSM codex they managed to fit in specific rules for 8 different legions with Black Legion being the vanilla one- and that was before they separated CSM and daemons. Any extra fluff can be Black Library territory or something for White Dwarf

I can understand that the SM chapters have more special rules, but how about a groups of chapters in each supplement codex? For example, Dark Angels, Raven Guard and White Scars in one book. Space Wolves, Imperial Fists and Black Templars in the next. Blood Angels, Salamanders and Iron Hands after that. It's irritating for a non SM player having to wait for a new codex because they're releasing a specific chapter's special rules

Tyranids need a new codex. We're supposedly a huge invasion without number threatening to overwhelm the universe, yet we have to deal with a silly, badly thought out codex and wait while they release a specific codex for each craftworld??? That's insane. I agree that Eldar need a new codex before we do, but I'd be annoyed if the entire release schedule is bogged down with specific books for each craftworld rather than one Codex: Craftworld Eldar which was fine last time

Bindi Baji 05-24-13 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zion (Post 1374352)
From what I've heard it may or may not have any or all of the following (enough being thrown around that I can't say what is or is not true on this):.

I haven't seen much else mentioned and that sounds about right, I was expecting an equivalant to the uniforms and heraldry books for a while and i'm guessing this may be that and more

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squire (Post 1374402)
Tyranids need a new codex.

they will be here in the near(ish) future

Words_of_Truth 05-24-13 01:09 PM

If Iyanden is going to be the first supplement added, does this mean plastic cheaper Wraithguard?

Jace of Ultramar 05-24-13 01:43 PM

Even if they issue a 'dex for each craft world or for each Founding Chapter w/ rules for successors, who cares? You don't need to buy each one to play the game, that's ridiculous. If they release something like Codex: Ultramarines and successor chapters then I'll skip over it and pick up Codex Imperial Fists and successor chapters when it issues.

bitsandkits 05-24-13 04:23 PM

well im buying both the eldar books on release so i will let you all know what is in and whats not, what is annoying is that they havent released any other craftworlds, Saim Hann would have made a better choice as its the most popular, then again they may have saved the jet bikes to release with that book at a later date? may also explain why the chaos marine book didnt come with some of the touted legion plastic kits such as thousand sons?



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Squire 05-24-13 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar (Post 1374454)
Even if they issue a 'dex for each craft world or for each Founding Chapter w/ rules for successors, who cares? You don't need to buy each one to play the game, that's ridiculous. If they release something like Codex: Ultramarines and successor chapters then I'll skip over it and pick up Codex Imperial Fists and successor chapters when it issues.

I think if you happen to be an Iyanden player this must be great news. Loads of fluff and rules specific to your own army would be awesome. It only irks me because it means Space Marines and Eldar will be getting loads of separate codices and slowing down the general codex release schedule. I don't think a specific craftworld or Space Marine chapter should be prioritised over entire armies, but then I suppose they seem to be putting out codices faster these days so it isn't all bad


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:11 AM.

Powered by the Emperor of Man.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome