Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   Space Marine RUMORS Updated: 29/05/2013 (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/124680-space-marine-rumors-updated-29-05-2013-a.html)

ntaw 06-17-13 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar (Post 1386034)
Well, if they do the various Chapters as expansions, will that be a genuine surprise?

Sorry, let me be more precise in my hoping and wishing. I hope they don't make it so we need two books to play our armies. I used to hate bouncing between C:SM, C:BA and the BRB to figure out my game. It seemed laborious and unnecessary. To be quite honest, it's kind of annoying that in the 5th ed. codex there's still references to the BRB for wargear even though it would have taken almost as many words to just type the rule into the book. For the cost of these things as is I feel like they could give me at most one extra page of descriptions to stop 'book bouncing' for information. I'm not sure my memory has the capacity to be infallible on all the rules of this game without referencing, and at ~100 bucks for the BRB and ~60 for the various codex it doesn't seem like much to ask.

Bindi Baji 06-17-13 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntaw (Post 1385818)
I sure hope they don't do an Astartes codex and have all chapters as add on codex to that main one (I think the way it was in 4th?).

no need to worry, they aren't doing anything of the sort

Winterous 06-17-13 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bindi Baji (Post 1386292)
no need to worry, they aren't doing anything of the sort

Isn't that exactly what people have said will be the case?

Zion 06-17-13 11:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Winterous (Post 1386303)
Isn't that exactly what people have said will be the case?

Frankly I don't trust the rabble when it comes to rumours. They're prone to blowing things out of proportion, latching onto claims despite evidence showing those claims to be false and generally assume everything is the "worst thing ever".

Bindi on the otherhand has actual information coming from the inside and while he doesn't share a lot (or perhaps get a lot to share) but he's rarely (if ever) wrong.

Furthermore we've seen from Iyanden that the supplement books don't invalidate anything in the codex, or add in new units or move things about the FOC, things you'd need to do to represent chapters like the White Scars.

My prediction is that we're going to get an updated version of what we have now, with less emphasis on Ultramarines (likely to help deflect fan backlash about them posterboying it up all the time), and a couple new toys (I'm going to doubt a flyer since they have two, but I could see a new big thing going in there).

Also on my list of things I expect:
  • Dreadnoughts will have Powerfists not Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons
  • Thunderhammer/Stormshield Terminators will likely go up in points vs the Lighting Claw variant
  • Relics in the main book will be somewhat generic but the chapter specific ones will have more specialized ones
  • Black Templars won't be in there (sorry, but it's only been claimed in speculation, but not by anyone who actually knows anything)
  • Librarians will get points adjusted, but will have to roll for powers
  • The power to force players to re-roll successful invulnerable saves will become a malediction.
  • Calgar will automatically be your Warlord if you take him.
  • People will bitch about how over/underpowered it is/isn't.
That about sums up what I expect for the new released, based from the releases so far. Not rumour, just speculation.

Dave T Hobbit 06-18-13 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zion (Post 1386305)
  • People will bitch about how over/underpowered it is/isn't.

Cynic:)

Zion 06-18-13 04:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave T Hobbit (Post 1386593)
Cynic:)

Just my predictions based on every book since 6th is all. :whistle:

Vaz 06-18-13 04:27 PM

I hope to fuck they update all chapters into the same codex.

Space Wolf Thunderwolf Cavalry? No, there are Space Marine Generic Monster Cavalry. Salamanders riding Firedrakes, etc?

Deathwing Knights? No, there are Generic Veteran Terminators.

There is no reason whatsoever that there should be a seperate Codex for each different space marine army than "fluff", and that can be explained away in the fluff part.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Bindi Baji 06-18-13 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaz (Post 1386610)

Space Wolf Thunderwolf Cavalry? No, there are Space Marine Generic Monster Cavalry. Salamanders riding Firedrakes, etc?

There is no reason whatsoever that there should be a seperate Codex for each different space marine army than "fluff", and that can be explained away in the fluff part.

awww, an optimist, I didn't think you guys still existed,
I would comment but I think you already know the reality

ntaw 06-18-13 05:05 PM

Quote:

I'm torn. As much as I'd be sad, at least my BA would have updated rules.

That would be one hell of a tome.

Tawa 06-18-13 11:06 PM

Quote:

Sold. That makes a pretty good level of sense. :so_happy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntaw (Post 1386627)
I'm torn. As much as I'd be sad, at least my BA would have updated rules.

That would be one hell of a tome.

Hell, I'd buy it :yahoo: