Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Fluff (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/18-40k-fluff/)
-   -   Spartan II's VS space marines? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-fluff/123875-spartan-iis-vs-space-marines.html)

kiro the avenger! 05-06-13 12:03 PM

Spartan II's VS space marines?

Who would win in a fight? And why?
A typical Spartan 2 from the halo series, like master chief, or a typical space marine
Or how about a typical Spartan squad VS a typical space marine tactical squad, with say a missile launcher and melta gun
Or what about the astartes against the entire Spartan program?

I vote space marines on all accounts but won't say why exactly now as my phones low on charge.

JAMOB 05-06-13 12:07 PM

Well this has really been done to death...

The Spartans will probably be more agile (though maybe not, SM are boss) but the SM will have the strength and toughness advantage. In a prolonged fight both of them will have wounds healed (one by tech and one by biology), but in general it depends on where. In an enclosed space? Cage match style? SM all the way. In a more open area it would be harder to tell.

Squad vs squad though I think SM would win hands down.

And how many Astartes? All of them? Vs. all the Spartans? Yeah, they would annihilate them.

Angel of Blood 05-06-13 12:39 PM

Another one!?

locustgate 05-06-13 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiro the avenger! (Post 1365538)
Who would win in a fight? And why?
A typical Spartan 2 from the halo series, like master chief, or a typical space marine
Or how about a typical Spartan squad VS a typical space marine tactical squad, with say a missile launcher and melta gun
Or what about the astartes against the entire Spartan program?

I vote space marines on all accounts but won't say why exactly now as my phones low on charge.

Master Chief is not you typical Spartan 2 as he lived, the typical spartan died. 2s MAY be a little more agile but in a pure endurance, strength, intelligence , no weapons armor, or any objects that can be used to beat/strangle the other to death, besides the floor. The SMs going to win.... Spartan 2s were little more than enhanced humans, while SMs have gone beyond human. Both in armor...well the SMs going to crush the MJOLNIR armor like a coke can.

kiro the avenger! 05-06-13 01:05 PM

Sorry if this has been done before, I looked but didn't see any

Malus Darkblade 05-06-13 02:12 PM

Amongst all the IP's I can think of, the Space Marines have no equal.

joebauerek 05-06-13 02:41 PM

Including all the points that have been mentioned... i agree SM all the way

maelstrom48 05-06-13 02:49 PM

Well maybe it's been done before but I haven't been on Heresy long enough to see one, so I have no trouble with this.

Spartans are probably more agile, likely just as strong, and have the advantage of shields as well. But their ballistics weaponry probably has the same statlines as stub guns and their close combat armament is lacking.

Tough call but... marines.

DeathJester921 05-06-13 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiro the avenger! (Post 1365557)
Sorry if this has been done before, I looked but didn't see any

Yeah. I started one of these a couple of years back. It went on for 5 pages. I wasn't even sure if a spartan vs space marine thread had been done before I even did mine.

Anyway, I'd have to go with Space Marine. More strength, better weapons, they've got better armor by far. All the spartans have is agility really. Also spartan lasers. I see those as being their version of a lascannon. Even with a spartan laser, squad v squad, SM win. One on one with a spartan laser, that one would be tough to call.

Either way, there are a variety of factors that cannot be taken into account since they're from two different universes.

As for primarchs vs spartans... heh... we all know how that would turn out.

EDIT: Found the link. Here

Angel of Blood 05-06-13 03:23 PM

Why I let myself get sucked into these I'll never know, but this is by far the stupidest one.

More agile and likely as strong......You clearly have no idea how insanely fast and strong Astartes are. I've always liked this quote from Know No Fear to really show just how fast an Astartes reactions are, nothing I've played or seen shows the Spartans to have even remotely comparable reflexes.

Quote:

The Word Bearer is almost unrecognisable. For a nanosecond, the figure registers to Luciel as an unknown, a threat.
Transhuman responses are already there, unbidden. Adrenaline spikes to heighten an already formidable reaction time. Muscle remembers. Luciel wears his boltgun, an oiled black pit bull of a weapon, in his thigh holster. He can draw, aim and fire in less than a second. The range is six metres, the target unobstructed. There is no chance of missing. Maximus plate, frontally augmented, might stop a mass-reactive shell, so Luciel will fire two and aim for the visor slits. The airgate skin-sleeve is self-repairing, and will survive las-fire damage, but a bolter shot will shred it open, so Luciel also braces for the explosive decompression of a ricochet or a miss-hit. At a simple, subconscious neural urge, boot-sole electromagnets charge to clamp onto the deck plates.

He can make a clean kill headshot in less than a second and a half, two rounds for kill insurance, and probably protect the atmospheric integrity of the airgate.
All this, all this decided, unbidden, instinctive, in less than a nanosecond.