Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Eldar Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/135-eldar-army-lists/)
-   -   1500 list a bit of everything (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/eldar-army-lists/123778-1500-list-bit-everything.html)

Jam123456 05-02-13 02:35 PM

1500 list a bit of everything

ok I'm not sure how competitive this list would be but I'm thinking of the following for 1500pts its a little of everything.

I have lots of models and don't really get to play them all so i just started picking things i like the look of and haven't played a lot of and want to see how well they will work together

+ HQ +

Eldrad because hes so great.

+ Elites +

* Fire Dragons
5x Fire Dragon
* Exarch )
Crack Shot , Fire Pike
* Wave Serpent
Twin-Linked Shuriken Cannons , Twin-Linked Shuriken Catapults

(yes i know i should drop the exarch but i like him so i kept him in and that ignore jink / cover save shot can help)

* Harlequin Troupe
6x Harlequin , 3 Harlequin's Kiss , Shadowseer
* Troupe Master
Harlequin's Kiss

may alternate between these and 8 scorpions not sure which will go best but like having the shadowseer to provide extra cover for my lords

+ Troops +

* Dire Avengers
8x Dire Avenger , Wave Serpent
* Exarch
Bladestorm , Dual Avenger Catapults

(only way i like to run them although defend and shimmer shield has helped a few times and also i haven't had chance to play them in lower points games so want to give them an outing)

* Guardians
10x Guardians , Shuriken Cannon
* Warlock
Embolden , Upgrade to Spiritseer, Witchblade

(good cheap unit and warlock to try and help them and also sit back with wraithlords)

* Rangers
5x Rangers
why not and move through cover helps them.

+ Fast Attack +

* Swooping Hawks
5x Swooping Hawk
* Exarch
Hawk's Talon Skyleap

(just got them painted and want to play them.large blast for swarms and also good with haywire grenades can help and pinning 24 inch range shots help )

* Warp Spiders
5x Warp Spider
* Exarch
Twin Death Spinners
(love these guys super shooters and S6 can even take out some flyers with number of shots they get)

+ Heavy Support +

* Dark Reapers
3x Dark Reapers
* Exarch
Crack Shot , Tempest Launcher
(Like the models but they always get killed as soon as anyone sees them. such a shame as i love them. however may always swap for 3 outflanking war walkers with scannons as they are such a big target. )

* Wraithlord
2 Flamers, Missile Launcher , Scatter Laser
(love him and the model. )

* Wraithlord
2 Flamers, Bright Lance , Missile Launcher
(love him and the model. and 2 is better than one and the lance is worth it if i guide him )

so what do folks think. need to check but think this is fairly close to 1500pts

Ragewind 05-02-13 05:47 PM

Lol you don't need to Drop the Exarch anymore, he is basically needed to ignore that cover, especially if you give him a Gun Emplacment

Harlies are the ALl-Stars this edition

Avengers are fine

Guardians are prrtty terrible, but for the way you are using them is fine. Might want to give them a Scatter Laser

Rangers are okay, but Jetbikes are better. They typically wont be moving much once placed.

If you are going to Skyleap them keep the Exarch barren. He won't be shooting things anyway.

Spiders are fine, although a Spinneret Rifle gives them mroe utility

Dark Reapers are perfect

Wraithlord is fine

second Wraithlord is ungodly expensive, that Lance is hurtful.

Jam123456 05-02-13 06:45 PM

Lots of help here thanks rage.

true i could well swap the rangers for jet bikes. if the new ones look a lot better than the current ones i may get a few. but i dont really like the models so not got any of them but they would be a better choice with more potential i must admit.

The guardians i always find do not a lot.
however they are a troop that normally most people ignore as they are too busy shooting at the lords and everything else. but yes they don't put much out in way of anything really only there for the warlock. and a speed bump if something assaulty comes at the lords.

Wraithlords are so nice. yes the BL is massively over priced. when you realize its twice the points of a dark eldar lance. hope they change that in the new dex. however i feel having one lance on the table is always nice at 1500pts. i see lots of necron barges and a few defilers etc where i found EML just didn't get them. but yes 40 points is hard to justify when you will still need a 5 to pen those 12+ av beasts your hunting with it.

hawks are probably jumping in and out but thought the assault 6 pinning could work well against swarm lists such as orks nids. pinning could help buy me time to take them out. but point taken i may be using 10pts for a weapon i only fire once or twice a game at best. also would keep in mind their haywire grenades as a possible option / last resort for tanks / transports as they have fleet and 12 inch movement i believe.

good point about the Spinneret Rifle. however i'm normally lucky with my DS rolls and 4 shots hitting about 80% of the time and then needing 5's for glancing or pen usually works better for me than one shot which i need a 2 or 3 from and volume of shots i find helps against flyers. but you make a good point as has extra range so will test this as well.

Thanks for the advise. is lots to play with here and swap about so thanks for all those suggestions and i will be sure to test them out.

Grinnsira 05-14-13 08:33 PM

I like the list over all. The biggest change I would make is the guardians. I would go with the scatter laser. It gives more shots and more range. If you are bunkering down with eldrad and hanging with the lords that is what I would do.