Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Forum Announcements (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/13-forum-announcements/)
-   -   April 2013 Member of the Month. (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/forum-announcements/123249-april-2013-member-month.html)

Viscount Vash 04-15-13 08:01 PM

April 2013 Member of the Month.

shaantitus joined Heresy back in August 2009 and soon made himself at home and proved to be a valuable member of the community answering questions and helping people out with feedback on their Project Logs.
Further to this he has posted regularly in his own long running Plog The Desolators of Shaantitus sharing all forms of Chaosy goodness (badness?) therein.

Whilst he is seen most often in the Modelling and Painting sections of the forum and is a helpful soul that is not the reason he is getting Member of the Month for April 2013. Proud wearer of the blue name of a subscriber/supporter since it became a feature of Heresy, shaantitus has answered the call every time the site has made a plea to raise cash for the running costs of the Forum. He possibly has the largest collection of Tithe of the Faithful awards on the boards (Yes, it is the only Award that is currently awarded multiple times) and has donated more than a sizeable army's worth of money to Heresy over the years so it is with heartfelt gratitude that we are happy to announce shaantitus as this month's Member of the Month.

That's enough from us lets see if he inadvertently reveals any dark secrets about himself in the MotM Questions and Answers !

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaantitus
Heresy Online user name:Shaantitus
Main Army: Chaos space marines
Location: Townsville, Australia(Home)/ Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea(Work)
Personal Website: Heresy Online

What motivates you when choosing to buy or build an army? Models models models. The modelling opportunities offered by chaos are fantastic, only rivalled by the orks.
What motivates you to keep playing or participating in the hobby? The modelling side of things keeps me going. I am so isolated because of work, this gives me something to do in my spare time. It also means that I can do the modelling when I am away from home, freeing up time to spend with my kids.
Do you play for fun or victory?Fun Fun Fun. Love playing weird and unorthodox lists.
What is your all time favourite Game System?Epic space marine. Loved that game, still regret giving it away.
What are your thoughts on the Grand Tournament scene? IS it good for the hobby?Anything that promotes the hobby is good, but the never ending quest for the most optimal lists at the expensee of fun causes me irritation. And the whole WAAC thing is stupid.
What are your plans for the future? I have 3 titans, 3 tanks and about 50 infantry to paint/assamble/complete, along with some units from the guard and chaos dexes that I would still like to add. So far I have no flyers, I am resisting but I would like to convert up some.
What gaming clubs do you belong to or have you been a member of?None, but I would like to change that. Isolation makes it hard.
Which Race is your toughest opponent to face on the game table?
Humans, I have played against my dog and can beat him easily. Opposable thumbs you see.
What do you do when you're not online? Work(rather a lot), camping with the kids at every opportunity, downhill mountainbiking, cricket and I have a 1979 jaguar I have to finish rebuilding. I also play rather a lot of PC games while I am away from home.
Favourite sports team?Brisbane Broncos. It would usually be the Austraian cricket team but there some serious problems with australian cricket at the moment.
What armies do you play? Chaos Space marines, traitor guard, chaos demons, dark mechanicus(GK)
Which system do you prefer and why?I only really play one system which is 40k. It is the background and the immense fluff support for the setting that interests me. Rules are secondary. On the other hand FFG's Star wars miniatures game is really impressive, complex, subtle but really easy to play.
How long have you been playing GW games? Since the late 80's
What's your favourite movie, book and song?Saving Private Ryan. That movie had a real effect on me.
The hobbit. It was read to us at school in grade 6 and started me down the path to fantasy and sci fi. Wonderful book. Of course the Lord of the rings followed on. It is a better book, but the Hobbit is the significant one for me.
Pink Floyd, Dark side of the moon. The whole album.
Occupation? Marine superintendent/Shipbuilding Superintendent. For two different parts of the same company.
Any pictures you'd like to share? (40k, family, work etc)
What is your greatest achievement that you're proud of? My kids, the center of my world. Completing my engineering degree. It set me up. My divorce. That might sound strange because although it gave me my kids, it has been a rather bad one, and getting divorced is very hard at the best of times.
How did you come up with your username? Shaantitus is derived from sanskrit for chaos. It appeared in the listings for the cultist language for the pc game blood. It seemed appropriate.
How did you find out about Heresy? What made you stay?Searching for info on 40k when I restarted in the late 00's. Liked it better than B&C.
You can take three things with you to a deserted island, name them?Amphibious aircraft, fuel, sweedish supermodel.
Other Usernames we may know you by?NA
If you could change something about heresy what would it be?Make the orange sarcasm font compulsory.
Favourite mini of any range ever?(pic if possible.)Bjorn the fell handed.http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...minis23008.jpg
What was the first ever model you bought or were given?
Epic scale space marine boxed set. 360 marines,36 rhinos and 24 land raiders. For 40k I got some advanced space crusade scouts and some of the original beaky marines in 92 but ended up passing them on to a better home. Wish I had not though.

Tawa 04-15-13 08:14 PM

Huzzah! Gratz on the award mate! :drinks:

Zodd 04-15-13 08:41 PM

Congratulations :ok:

shaantitus 04-15-13 09:29 PM

Thanks very much gents, the pm from Boc asking all the questions caught me completly by surprise. Thanks again to all the mods at heresy for keeping this place great.

spanner94ezekiel 04-15-13 09:42 PM

Congratulations! :clapping:

iamtheeviltwin 04-15-13 10:01 PM

Grats

Loki1416 04-16-13 07:43 AM

Grats!

Old Man78 04-16-13 11:10 AM

Congratulations! Will you be using your award to further world peace?!

High_Seraph 04-16-13 04:02 PM

Grats mate.

Dave T Hobbit 04-16-13 05:04 PM

Well deserved.

shaantitus 04-17-13 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldman78 (Post 1359215)
Congratulations! Will you be using your award to further world peace?!

No, it will spurr me on to even greater feats of depravity in the name of the dark gods.

Magpie_Oz 04-17-13 02:46 AM

Didn't see this one 'til now!

Well done and congratulations neighbour.

Tawa 04-17-13 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaantitus (Post 1359467)
No, it will spurr me on to even greater feats of depravity in the name of the dark gods.

You say the sweetest things.... :grin:

Viscount Vash 04-18-13 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaantitus (Post 1359467)

Jez will be pleased :grin:

Congrats on the well deserved award shaant.

HOBO 04-19-13 06:06 AM

A lurker mate of mine alerted me to this....so Congrats Shaanti, and very much deserved.
All the best:)

shaantitus 04-19-13 06:42 AM

Thanks again everyone but particularly you Hobo. My main guide when I was developing my traitor guard.