Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Space Marine Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/139-space-marine-army-lists/)
-   -   1500pt BA(SW) Army List (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/space-marine-army-lists/123228-1500pt-ba-sw-army-list.html)

RedWarrior 04-14-13 11:14 PM

1500pt BA(SW) Army List

Main Detachment:

HQ:
Epistolary
- Storm bolter
- Psychic Powers: Divination/Might of Heroes and Sword of Sanguinius

Troop:
10x Assault Squad
- Power Fist
- Melta Bombs
- Rhino: 35pts

10x Assault Squad
- Power Fist
- Melta Bombs
- Rhino

Elite:
Sanguinary Priest
- Power Sword

Sanguinary Priest
- Power Sword

Furioso Dreadnought
- Blood Talons

Allied Detachment

HQ
Bjorn the Fellhanded
- Plasma Cannon

Troops:
10x Grey Hunters
- Wolf Standard

10x Grey Hunters
- Wolf Standard

Total 1498pts

ntaw 04-15-13 03:11 AM

Drop the itemized points costs.

RedWarrior 04-15-13 04:06 AM

Oh Jeez
Sorry I'm so sorry here it is without the points I'm not sure how to delete the first one.

Main Detachment:

HQ:
Epistolary
- Storm bolter
- Psychic Powers: Divination/Might of Heroes and Sword of Sanguinius

Troop:
10x Assault Squad
- Power Fist
- Melta Bombs
- Rhino: 35pts

10x Assault Squad
- Power Fist
- Melta Bombs
- Rhino

Elite:
Sanguinary Priest
- Power Sword

Sanguinary Priest
- Power Sword

Furioso Dreadnought
- Blood Talons

Allied Detachment

HQ
Bjorn the Fellhanded
- Plasma Cannon

Troops:
10x Grey Hunters
- Wolf Standard

10x Grey Hunters
- Wolf Standard

Total 1498pts

ntaw 04-15-13 03:26 PM

It's just an edit ;) On the list, I only play BA so I won't touch the SW side.

Sanguinary Priests have a 6" effective range towards units, not models. One might be able to cover both squads; it's how I have played them to decent effect.

That being said, I would drop a priest and change the power fists to axes in the assault squads. There's 85 points extra thus far. You're still hitting at AP2 and I1, ten points less and S6 gets the job done most times. Melta bombs if you really are facing some mech otherwise.

Your Librarian CAN'T mix codex and BRB powers. Two BRB powers or two Codex powers as per the BA FAQ on GW's site. Epistolary only allows him to cast two powers per turn. Not a worthwhile upgrade when you can just give him a jump pack to keep up with those units for 25 points less.

That's 115 points saved through my three suggestions.

I strongly suggest that you find yourself some anti air, unless you know for a fact your opponents don't use fliers. Otherwise your list will be torn asunder by them.

You should also add special weapons to your Assault squads, otherwise they're use will be rather limited.

EDIT: Oh! and a Heavy Flamer for that Furioso. A HF on there comes in real handy sometimes, much more handy than a Stormbolter if you can find the 10 points.