Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   Ultimate Unit Game: Retro Edition #2 - DAKKA (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/123139-ultimate-unit-game-retro-edition-2-dakka.html)

Boc 04-20-13 11:04 PM

Entry submitted... I cheated, Reaver Titan, suck it!

spanner94ezekiel 04-20-13 11:22 PM

Quick! Someone take Lukas the Trickster with that nifty stasis grenade!

Routine 04-20-13 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boc (Post 1360710)
Entry submitted... I cheated, Reaver Titan, suck it!

A Titan for 200pts or less? I need to read up on these Forgeworld units

Routine 04-20-13 11:37 PM

Another question for you Spanner: Given your ruling on powers/abilities in the movement phase, does this mean that the Riptide does not get the benefit of its Nova Generator?

spanner94ezekiel 04-20-13 11:56 PM

Hmmm. I find it odd that they say the decision must be made in the Movement Phase, when afaik it doesn't affect movement at all. Split minds about this - I mean rules are rules, but this seems counter-intuitive.

I think I'm going to stick with no, seeing as a) this could open up a whole messy can of worms if I say yes, and b) it's not as if the Riptide's going to struggle to make a mess of most units it comes up against.

CE5511 04-21-13 12:12 AM

Spanner,
What about adding a member of the royal court to necrons or wolf guard to space wolves since they dont add a kill point to the unit

spanner94ezekiel 04-21-13 12:18 AM

I've been asked this question a couple of times now, and I'm going with "yes, you can". :)

Routine 04-21-13 12:44 AM

A question about Blasts/Templates: Do they have the same effect on units of one model as they do on multiple-model units?

Also, I have to ask: Is a Reaver Titan actually a possibility? I've never read any Apocalypse rules, so this is an honest question born of ignorance

spanner94ezekiel 04-21-13 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Routine (Post 1360738)
A question about Blasts/Templates: Do they have the same effect on units of one model as they do on multiple-model units?

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel (Post 1360574)
*Please note that the number of hits/template cannot exceed the maximum number of models in the target unit.

Answer your question? :)

With regards to Boc's Titan, you needn't worry on 3 accounts:
1. Titans cost at least around the 500pt marker, and the one Boc's talking about is over 1k IIRC.
2. I've said no Apocalypse units anyway.
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.

Iron Angel 04-21-13 12:54 AM

Submitted. Got a bit of an unconventional addition in my unit but I think it will serve nicely for this specific purpose.