Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/20-new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Morning (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/new-member-introductions/123095-morning.html)

Munkey 04-10-13 11:07 AM

Morning

How're folk doing?

Been reading this forum for a few weeks for tips on painting W40k miniatures and info on the books and figured I'd join up and say hello.

so...Hello!

I'll probably be lurking a lot and asking the occasional question as i'm getting back into painting the figures after 20 years or so..gradually getting up to speed.

Cheers

Tawa 04-10-13 11:15 AM

Welcome aboard, Munky!

Hope you enjoy your stay :drinks:

Insanity 04-10-13 11:19 AM

You'll fine Heresy is a fantastic site. We would love to see some of your models posted up.

Enjoy your stay :drinks:

Dave T Hobbit 04-10-13 12:17 PM

Welcome to the Forum

chilledmonkeybrains 04-10-13 01:40 PM

Wassup Munkey, and welcome to the weird and wonderful world of Heresy... ;)

Munkey 04-12-13 07:12 AM

thanks for the welcomes. looking forward to getting tips on painting.

Insanity - not a chance of me putting the pictures of the models yet. i'm no where near up to the standard i've seen on here..at the moment mine look like a monkey has been throwing paint at them.

Old Man78 04-16-13 09:05 AM

If you are not lurking then you are working, welcome to heresy

Insanity 04-16-13 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munkey (Post 1358101)
Insanity - not a chance of me putting the pictures of the models yet. i'm no where near up to the standard i've seen on here..at the moment mine look like a monkey has been throwing paint at them.

That's no reason not to post them. Heresy is full of friendly members that will give you plenty of advice.

Tawa 04-16-13 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munkey (Post 1358101)
at the moment mine look like a monkey has been throwing paint at them.

Neater than some of my work then? :laugh:

Seriously though, the best way to improve is with the comments and tips you'll get from people on here :)

Munkey 04-17-13 07:17 AM

aye, fair points. I'll take some photos of the progress so far on the Space Wolves, Dark Angels and Sanguinary Guard and post them up.

Even the short period looking around on here has helped me immensely - the monkey splat approach has lessened somewhat...