Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Project Logs (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/35-project-logs/)
-   -   Ponyhammer 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/project-logs/123077-ponyhammer-40k.html)

Pusser 04-13-13 04:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The old metal models are pretty damn heavy and it took some fiddling for me to figure out how to work it and how to make it all work together with the upper body of a pony. (I never worked metal models before)

Next challenge was the colour scheme.
I initially wanted to make it Hivefleet Kraken, but it just didn't look right, so after a few attempts of painting and re-painting (and adding slime and removing it again), I stripped off the paint (very carefully, the spines on the back turned out to be rather fragile) and started over with these colours.

I am much more pleased with this result.

I am open for suggestions on what to do next :D

Attachment 959938820

rich11762 04-13-13 07:50 PM

It brought a smile to my face after a tough week so mate your sound in my books

Pusser 04-13-13 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich11762 (Post 1358531)
It brought a smile to my face after a tough week so mate your sound in my books

*tips imaginary hat*
Glad I could turn your frown upside down :chuffed:

Gothic 04-15-13 01:10 PM

91 Attachment(s)
I love the ponies don't get me wrong, then I saw this pic and thought of your plog which made me chuckle.

Pusser 04-27-13 11:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothic (Post 1358927)
I love the ponies don't get me wrong, then I saw this pic and thought of your plog which made me chuckle.

My ponies just want to dismantle other ponies to ;)

And here is the newest one of the bunch: WAAAGH!

I magnetized this little bugger (for easier painting and removal of the snotling rider)

Attachment 959938939

Ddraig Cymry 04-27-13 08:10 PM

jonileth 04-28-13 02:10 AM

I'm going to put this out there upfront... I don't get the whole Brony/MLP fetish that the internet seems to have and I don't think I ever will. However...

The fact that you've taken a great deal of time to put that much soul into something so ridiculous is commendable. Also, the fact that you can shrug off the troll hate is also admirable. I won't advocate stopping this freak menagerie as it is your hobby and you can do as you will, but I'll be damned if if I allow such things to survive the wrath of my pyramids of rape (Monoliths) should I ever do battle with such things. The void will take them, I promise you...

Ferrous_Ironclaw 05-02-13 11:14 AM

totally awesome. totally.
really like the ponynid. a bloody, diseased, and mangled death guard pony would be cool to see

Pusser 05-02-13 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ddraig Cymry (Post 1362852)

PUUUUUUUUUUUURGE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonileth (Post 1362941)
The void will take them, I promise you...

I accept the invitation to a game, should we ever meet :)
I will prepare my ponies for slaughter!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrous_Ironclaw (Post 1364380)
totally awesome. totally.
really like the ponynid. a bloody, diseased, and mangled death guard pony would be cool to see

I... like that idea.
I totally like it!

I'll put a diseased Death Guard Nurgle Pony on the list... when I am done with this Cthulhu pony ( It will go well with the Dr Whooves and My Little Deadpool).

Pictures of a Death Guard pony will be posted here when it is done :D

Pusser 05-06-13 08:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My Farseer pony is almost done.
In the meantime, have a non-40k pony; My Little Cthulhu
Attachment 959939000

And it is on E-bay too for a (by my definition) reasonable price
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=251272206485