Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Fluff (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/18-40k-fluff/)
-   -   How different would the characters of the Primarchs be if they were never lost? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-fluff/122802-how-different-would-characters-primarchs-if-they-were-never-lost.html)

Lord Hell 03-31-13 04:10 AM

How different would the characters of the Primarchs be if they were never lost?
 
Exactly as the title says. How do you think they would have turned out?

Which means all 18 Primarchs were with the Emperor at the start of the great crusade. I'm not including the two lost Primarchs because there is barely any solid information about them.

hailene 03-31-13 05:10 AM

Too open ended. We don't know what they would have been before hand, we don't know how they were changed (if at all) in the journey through the warp.

We don't know how the Emperor would have raised them, how he would have divided his attention, how they would have responded, ect.

Calistrasza 03-31-13 05:56 AM

Disappointment and resentment from too many missed childhood sporting events. Half of them fall to Chaos for picking sports the Emperor finds boring.

hailene 03-31-13 06:09 AM

Wouldn't it be more like the Emperor putting them all on one team and forcing some of them into positions they don't like? And of course Team Captain Horus thinks he knows better than Coach Emperor...

heretical by nature 03-31-13 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailene (Post 1354222)
Wouldn't it be more like the Emperor putting them all on one team and forcing some of them into positions they don't like? And of course Team Captain Horus thinks he knows better than Coach Emperor...

and guilleman would be compaining that something wasnt in the rules which they were doing

hailene 03-31-13 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heretical by nature (Post 1354227)
and guilleman would be compaining that something wasnt in the rules which they were doing

Only after the big showdown.

And technically he would be right, since he wrote the rulebook after the Big E retires.

Archon Dan 03-31-13 07:53 AM

It is very open-ended. Horus wouldn't necessarily be the Emperor's favorite because they weren't alone for so long. Others wouldn't be resentful of their harsh lives and might lack the skills those hard lives taught them. It all comes back to the nature vs. nurture argument. I believe nurture plays a bigger role in determining who a person is over their inherited genetics. The nature does play a role but it is secondary.

hailene 03-31-13 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archon Dan (Post 1354235)
thers wouldn't be resentful of their harsh lives

Agreed. The ones that pop into my head are Angron and Kurze.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archon Dan (Post 1354235)
I believe nurture plays a bigger role in determining who a person is over their inherited genetics.

In real life, I agree. There does, however, seem to be some sort of genetic...predisposition. All the Legions (to my memory) were roughly in line with their geneseed from the get-go. Generally meeting up with the Primarch merely reinforced and refined their habits and skills.

This makes me believe that the Primarchs were genetically predisposed to certain traits.

locustgate 03-31-13 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailene (Post 1354236)
Agreed.
In real life, I agree. There does, however, seem to be some sort of genetic...predisposition. All the Legions (to my memory) were roughly in line with their geneseed from the get-go. Generally meeting up with the Primarch merely reinforced and refined their habits and skills.

This makes me believe that the Primarchs were genetically predisposed to certain traits.

Agree. Perhaps the Emperor could of made those predispositions less pronounced.

We also would perhaps seen the lost 2.

bitsandkits 03-31-13 04:08 PM

I think it would be a very different story but also the same



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:24 PM.

Powered by the Emperor of Man.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome