Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Black Library Fiction (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/108-black-library-fiction/)
-   -   Black Legion Series (ADB) (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/black-library-fiction/122786-black-legion-series-adb.html)

ckcrawford 03-30-13 08:35 AM

Black Legion Series (ADB)

Just thought you'd folks like to know. Seems like something really awesome. I haven't been excited for a Black Library work in a long time. But this... looks promising.

http://aarondembskibowden.wordpress....alon-of-horus/

Brother Subtle 03-30-13 08:53 AM

Can. Not. Wait!

As far as traitor legions go. The biggest one seems to get overlooked the most! Until now!

Malus Darkblade 03-30-13 08:55 AM

Hmm the Black Legion have never really interested me (Abaddon too except his cameo in the first ADB NL book) because they've been depicted as your generic bad guy legion. A Chaos version of the Ultramarines.

Maybe (most likely) ADB can change that.

Lord of the Night 03-30-13 10:12 AM

151 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malus Darkblade (Post 1353985)
Hmm the Black Legion have never really interested me (Abaddon too except his cameo in the first ADB NL book) because they've been depicted as your generic bad guy legion. A Chaos version of the Ultramarines.

ADB does actually address that in the comments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADB
It’s hard to reply without saying too much, but where the Ultramarines are “generic” Space Marines (as much as I love them, that’s not an insult – they are 95% of the template for the concept itself, which in turn is one of the things I love most about their implementation), the Black Legion aren’t the generic template for the Chaos Marines. They’re not the “default” Chaos Marines in the same way. Instead, they’re everything about Chaos. The best and worst of it; the best and worst of every single Legion. You can point to an Ultramarine and say “That’s a Space Marine”. You can’t do that with a Black Legionnaire, and say “That’s a Chaos Marine”. Uh, is he a former Son of Horus? A Word Bearer exploring his faith in a new way? A Renegade newly sworn to the Black? A Thousand Son sorcerer? A guy who forgot his original Legion completely? A Khorne Berzerker? There’s no “generic” Black Legionnaire. Former Sons of Horus are as defined and unique as any other Marine in the Legion.

The Black Legion: united in hate.

I share the sentiments here. More CSM is always a great thing, by ADB it's an even greater thing. But a CSM series by ADB that has the potential to become a long-running series, ala Gaunt's Ghosts?? Now that is the best news i've heard since The Creative Assembly's Warhammer RTS game.

LotN

Brother Subtle 03-31-13 04:05 AM

I expect ADB to give The Black Legion it's own identity. Something that makes them uniquely evil. Well... Lets hope!!!

bigtax 03-31-13 04:34 AM

The.Best.Warhammer40k.Series.Will.Come.

hailene 03-31-13 05:36 AM

I'd like to see the Astartes strength of the BL explained in detailed. If you take the Word Bearer trilogy at face value, the BL could have a couple million Astartes itself.

Lord Hell 03-31-13 07:05 AM

I am most interested in what Abaddon's personalty in the Black Legion Series will be. And if any of the Daemon Primarchs or other well know chaos champions like Erebus,Lucius,Khârn,Ahriman,Lufgt Huron,Kor Phaeron and others will appear.

sadLor 03-31-13 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Hell (Post 1354226)
I am most interested in what Abaddon's personalty in the Black Legion Series will be. And if any of the Daemon Primarchs or other well know chaos champions like Erebus,Lucius,Khârn,Ahriman,Lufgt Huron,Kor Phaeron and others will appear.

Well, the lore says the Emperor's Children steal Horus' body and try to clone him. I assume that means we'll most likely see Lucius for sure. And cloning Horus? That seems to have Fabius all over it.

But really, there isn't much set lore during the period right after the HH. All we know is the BL courted each of the Chaos gods in turn and the other chaos legions attacked them. ADB is free to write anything he wants. Be interesting to see if any of the traitor primarchs/daemon primarchs show up. And dare ADB clear up what happened to Russ/Corax who were both said to have disappeared into the Eye? Highly doubtful...but fun to think about.

forkmaster 03-31-13 10:08 AM

It appears the main character of the series will be a former Thousand Sons-Astartes, turning Black Legion! :)