Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Television and Movies (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/174-television-movies/)
-   -   Game of Thrones Season 3 Trailer (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/television-movies/121685-game-thrones-season-3-trailer.html)

Bane_of_Kings 02-23-13 08:56 AM

Game of Thrones Season 3 Trailer

I so need to catch up on this series. I have the boxset for the first season and have read the books, but have only seen eight-ish episodes of Season 1.

Worldkiller 02-23-13 04:14 PM

That wasn't a question, it was a statement.

DeathKlokk 02-23-13 05:23 PM

I totally didn't catch myself hopping up and down in my chair while watching that... really.

DeathJester921 02-23-13 06:24 PM

Can't wait. Not looking forward to the seemingly pointless deaths some of the characters are put through though.... If you've read the books, then you know how George R.R. Martin is with killing off people....

Worldkiller 02-23-13 11:33 PM

The deaths are anything but pointless.

GrizBe 02-23-13 11:54 PM

Having read the book... the deaths ARE pointless... I got to a point in the middle of book three reading where the ammount of characters he'd built up getting killed off was just beyond a point...

Yes it was etc, and yes people die... but theres a point when killing off a main character just looses all dramatic tension and meaning, and you stop caring.... And that point happened long before the end of book three.

DeathJester921 02-24-13 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worldkiller (Post 1342639)
The deaths are anything but pointless.

Notice, I said SOME of the characters deaths are pointless.

ChaosRedCorsairLord 02-24-13 02:31 PM

Probably my favourite of the 5 books, so hopefully the season is just as good.

Bane_of_Kings 02-24-13 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worldkiller (Post 1342514)
That wasn't a question, it was a statement.

Corrected. Thanks for pointing that out. Rather... bluntly. :victory:

experiment 626 03-21-13 02:40 PM

Extended trailer!
Looking forwards to seeing Ser Jorah get a chance to go more [email protected]$$!

On another note, Episode 9 is titled 'The Rains of Castamere'.
Considering that Martin has said he's planning to go into hiding a month or so before a certain episode airs, I think we can take a guess what's going to happen here!:laugh:

Also, this season is only the first half of A Storm of Swords...
Note that we're still missing the likes of Obryn Martell along with Arstan Whitebeard & Strong Belwas. (though I do believe we're getting introduced to Dario this season)