Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Warriors of Chaos Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/271-warriors-chaos-army-lists/)
-   -   Monthly incremental league starting, opinions (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/warriors-chaos-army-lists/121494-monthly-incremental-league-starting-opinions.html)

FatBoyFat 02-16-13 01:33 PM

Monthly incremental league starting, opinions

I'm doing a Khorne only army for a monthly incremental league I've got the first 500 made, fought 2 battles and won both, even though the emperor guy after working out when I got home what he was using, had a lord, about 60 more points then he should of and not enough core to make up 25%... but anyway!

So at it stands

Exalted Hero
mark of khorne
addiontal hand weapon

12 warriors of chaos
Khorne
additonal hand
standard

Chariot
khorne

Warhounds

next 250 to 750 I'm thinking

Exalted Hero
mark of khorne
addiontal hand weapon

12 warriors of chaos
Khorne
additonal hand
Champion
Muscian
standard

12 warriors of chaos
Khorne
Halberds
Champion
Muscian
standard

Chariot
khorne

then for a 1000 I'm thinking

Exalted Hero
mark of khorne
addiontal hand weapon

12 warriors of chaos
Khorne
additonal hand
Champion
Muscian
standard

12 warriors of chaos
Khorne
Halberds
Champion
Muscian
standard

Chariot
khorne

Skullcrushers of Khorne
skull hunter
Standard
Enscrolled weapon

What do you guys think?

I know I've got no magic.. it is a weakness but I want a themed Khorne only army so it is one I'm going to have to suck up! lol!

Dave T Hobbit 02-17-13 11:39 AM

Very thematic.

I assume you are required to keep what you have already used. Otherwise I suggest getting rid of the AHW on ranked units; the front rank are getting an extra attack but the next rank are only getting 1 supporting, so AHW on top of MoK is paying a lot for a few extra attacks.

I have never found champions worth the points just for an extra attack, and they are very unlikely to achieve a roll on the EotG; if you want to protect a squishy character from challenges or try for DPs from a Warshrine then they can be worthwhile.

As well as magic, below 1000 you lack the ability to deal with things that can only be hurt by magical attacks. I suggest giving the hero a magic weapon just in case; even if it is just the biting blade.

FatBoyFat 02-17-13 07:21 PM

I was going to do them with a facing of 6, so that would be about 31 attacks with champion and second rank intact, with out the additional hand weapon it would take it down to a measly 25! who can survive with only 25 attacks!