Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Chaos Marines Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/132-chaos-marines-army-lists/)
-   -   1500 pts Slaaneshi Warband (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/chaos-marines-army-lists/119988-1500-pts-slaaneshi-warband.html)

echoesinthewarp 01-04-13 01:27 PM

1500 pts Slaaneshi Warband

HQ
Chaos Lord - 175 pts
Chaos Bike
Burning Brand of Skalathrax
Power Sword
Sigil of Corruption
Mark of Slaanesh
Troops
Aspiring Champion - 230 pts
Plasma Pistol
Power Sword
Melta Bombs
9x Chaos Space Marines
2x Plasma Gun
Icon of Vengeance
Aspiring Champion - 230 pts
Plasma Pistol
Power Sword
Melta Bombs
9x Chaos Space Marines
2x Plasma Gun
Icon of Vengeance
Dedicated Transports
Chaos Rhino - 52 pts
Dozer Blade
Havoc Launcher
Chaos Rhino - 52 pts
Dozer Blade
Havoc Launcher
Fast Attack
Chaos Biker Champion - 190 pts
Power Sword
Melta Bombs
4x Chaos Biker
2x Flamer
Mark of Slaanesh
Icon of Excess
Veterans of the Long War
Raptor Champion - 280 pts
Power Sword
Melta Bombs
9x Raptor
2x Flamer
Mark of Slaanesh
Icon of Excess
Veterans of the Long War
Heavy Support
Chaos Predator - 145 pts
Lascannon Sponsons
Twin-linked Lascannon
Dozer Blade
Chaos Predator - 145 pts
Lascannon Sponsons
Twin-linked Lascannon
Dozer Blade
Total: 1499 pts

I know this list is lacking in bodies (only 2 troops choices and a total of 40 models including the tanks), but I think other than that it is relatively balanced. The troops can claim objectives and shoot, the fast attack can take of anti-infantry/horde, and the heavy support can shoot out other vehicles/big targets, all while being relatively mobile and having back ups in case one goes down or gets tar-pitted. It could use some more troops for objective holding, for sure, but I don't want to give up the rest of the balance.

This will also be a relatively cheap purchase considering the new CSM Battleforce. Two of those would give me six bikes, one of which will be my HQ, two rhinos, and two squads of ten marines. Then I would only need the predators and the raptors.

What do you think?

Mossy Toes 01-04-13 05:32 PM

Decent list, but I'd tweak it a bit:

- Bikes cost about the same number of points as Raptors and are much better—why not take 2 squads of bikes instead of 1 bike, 1 raptor?

- A lightning claw is slightly better, I find, than a power sword. The math hammer works out to more situations, so a slight edge, for the claw.

- I would go with combi-plasmas instead of plasma pistols on the champs. You'll get to fire it about the same number of times, but will save points and have more flexibility in how to use it.

- I'd try to squeeze in a squad of 10 naked cultists you hold in reserve, who, when they come in, grab your home objective and go to ground if anyone sneezes in their direction. This helps overcome your lack of bodies, frees up more of your points to attack the enemy with, and is dead cheap. I'm sure you could squeeze in the 50 points somehow.

mynameisgrax 01-04-13 05:47 PM

Howard Johnson....oops, I mean Mossy Toes....is right!

(anyone else old enough to get that?)

Mossy Toes 01-04-13 06:09 PM

Aaah, Blazing Saddles.

echoesinthewarp 01-05-13 05:54 PM

HQ
Chaos Lord - 170 pts

Chaos Bike
Burning Brand of Skalathrax
Power Sword
Sigil of Corruption
Mark of Slaanesh

Troops

Aspiring Champion - 195 pts
9x Chaos Space Marines
2x Plasma Gun
Icon of Vengeance

9x Chaos Space Marines
2x Plasma Gun
Icon of Vengeance

9x Chaos Space Marines
2x Plasma Gun
Icon of Vengeance

Dedicated Transports
Chaos Rhino - 35 pts

Chaos Rhino - 35 pts

Chaos Rhino - 35 pts

Fast Attack

Chaos Biker Champion - 180 pts
Power Sword
4x Chaos Biker
2x Flamer
Mark of Slaanesh
Icon of Excess

Chaos Biker Champion - 180 pts
Power Sword
4x Chaos Biker
2x Flamer
Mark of Slaanesh
Icon of Excess

Heavy Support

Chaos Predator - 140 pts
Lascannon Sponsons
Twin-linked Lascannon

Chaos Predator - 140 pts
Lascannon Sponsons
Twin-linked Lascannon

Rethought the list a litte bit.

Actually miscalculated the points cost of the HQ the first go round, he is 5 points cheaper (I thought the BBoS was 5 points more than it actually is). Removed all of the points fillers stuff to add another squad of CSM for more objective camping and bodies. Removed the raptors for more bikes, and kept the predators. Wish I had the points for VotLW for one squad of bikes, the one without the lord rolling with them.

Mossy Toes 01-05-13 08:03 PM

Hmm, that's a mean 1500 point list.

If it's at all possible, scrounging up points for dirge casters on the rhinos would be marvelous and in like with Slaaneshi fluff. I think it would be worth dropping, say, one of the Icons of Vengeance to fit in—because, hey, losing even one Biker to Overwatch would be quite painful.

Also, I'd consider putting meltaguns on the bikers who aren't accompanied by the Lord—give you a bit more mobile anti-tank besides your LasPreds.

echoesinthewarp 01-05-13 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mossy Toes (Post 1325195)
Hmm, that's a mean 1500 point list.

If it's at all possible, scrounging up points for dirge casters on the rhinos would be marvelous and in like with Slaaneshi fluff. I think it would be worth dropping, say, one of the Icons of Vengeance to fit in—because, hey, losing even one Biker to Overwatch would be quite painful.

Also, I'd consider putting meltaguns on the bikers who aren't accompanied by the Lord—give you a bit more mobile anti-tank besides your LasPreds.

I might have to switch out one bike unit's flamers for meltas. I am also considering switching to lightning claws instead of the power swords, like you suggested earlier, but they are same points cost.