Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   =][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 18/03/2013 (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/119890-%3D%5D%5B%3D-rumours-roundup-tau-empire-updated-18-03-2013-a.html)

GrizBe 03-12-13 05:24 PM

Just found these new rumours though:

Quote:

via neko from Warseer
Right, just gotten off of the comlink to my contact in the icy north. Let's see now...
The codex is by Vetock.
The Ubersuit will not be competing for your Heavy slots.
Ion weapons will be overloadable.
Units will be able to overwatch to defend nearby comrades.
A new item of support gear will grant skyfire.
The new models are absolutely fabulous, much to the dismay of my future bank balance.

Vetock writing the codex.. dunno what to make of that. And Ubersuit not competing for heavy slots? Soo.. its not heavy or its not that good or?

Zion 03-12-13 05:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GrizBe (Post 1348069)
Just found these new rumours though:

Vetock writing the codex.. dunno what to make of that. And Ubersuit not competing for heavy slots? Soo.. its not heavy or its not that good or?

It could also not be in the book or be an Elite choice instead. We'll know here in a couple weeks though.

Xabre 03-12-13 09:32 PM

This last batch of rumor dump flies in the face of alot of the earlier stuff... Does this mean we lost the Demiurg? And the idea that different HQ will unlock different Troops? I was really looking forward to a Tauzilla all-suit force....

GrizBe 03-12-13 09:40 PM

Thats the nature of rumours... until we solidly have the models and codex in our hand, they're just that... rumours.

Zion 03-12-13 11:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xabre (Post 1348149)
This last batch of rumor dump flies in the face of alot of the earlier stuff... Does this mean we lost the Demiurg? And the idea that different HQ will unlock different Troops? I was really looking forward to a Tauzilla all-suit force....

You never had the Demiurg. Those were a Ghost21 fabrication that seemed to outlive his 15 seconds of infamy.

Zion 03-13-13 12:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Time for two (yes, 2) more posts from Faiet212.

First some more back and forth on their being a new suit design:
Quote:

Tau Crisis Suits

Here is a little bit of insight from a good source regarding Tau Crisis Suits, its only a small bit, but with Tau right around the corner we are looking at a lot of Tau information coming in over the next few weeks.

Please remember that these are rumors. This was in response to the post yesterday found here.
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/03/t...-gamesday.html

via an anonymous source from the Faeit 212 inbox
Crisis Suits
The new suits are very similar to those old ones.

The heads don't have a neck and are now lowered into the torso about 25% of the head is below shoulder level.

The arms are a bit shorter too.

Otherwise that's a decent representation of the crisis suits.
And then some news regarding the new "ubersuit" (so we can finally stop calling it that):
Quote:

Crisis Suit Variant, and Ubersuit Finally Named

There are a few more little Tau bits floating around. So I thought I would put them into one post. its not a whole lot, but is worth mentioning. Riptide seems to be the name of the new Ubersuit monstrous creature.

Please remember that these are rumors

via The Dude on Warseer
*I've heard Riptide for the Ubersuit, but give that some salt

*I've heard no big Kroot beast, which makes sense if the Ubersuit is a Monstrous Creature.

via neko on Warseer respsonding to a few questions
"I've heard Riptide for the Ubersuit, but give that some salt"
I'll confirm this much

And no, I won't say everything that I've heard, or be as specific as I've heard. I don't want to be responsible for losing anyone their jobs.

"Could you at least say whether they've changed the look of the Crisis suits?"
There is a new XV8 varient, but mostly they're the same.

MetalHandkerchief 03-13-13 01:37 AM

I love what I'm hearing that the new crisis suits will be similar to the old ones. I'm so happy the Forgeworld-fan teenagers didn't get their horrible, horrible way. (Yeah yeah, salt.)

As long as the ankles are reinforced. Big time.

jlay123 03-13-13 04:59 AM

i honestly don't really like any of the rumors i've seen.

Insanity 03-13-13 06:56 AM

I'm liking a lot of what I'm reading, except I was hoping Kroot would at least get an initiative buff.

Also, "Riptide" sounds almost like a named character similar to Farsight or Shadowsun. So perhaps it could be a HQ slot? that would also prevent you from taking multiple and makes sense with it not taking heavy support slots.

Also, I wasn't able to find anyway of translating Riptide into the Tau language.

bobahoff 03-13-13 10:04 AM

So long as I can bend the elbows and knees on the crisis suits and the ankles are stronger I don't care whether they change the aesthetic of it, I just don't wanna sit sawing the knees in two any more.

Plus riptide sounds like something off Ben 10, can't wait to see it though.