Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   =][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 18/03/2013 (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/119890-%3D%5D%5B%3D-rumours-roundup-tau-empire-updated-18-03-2013-a.html)

Zion 04-07-13 11:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by EmbraCraig (Post 1356442)
The new battleforce is down for release in May instead of April, apparently. It's in the White Dwarf along with the rest of the Tau stuff, there doesn't seem to be any real idea why it's later than the rest of the stuff.

Battle forces are a collection of loose sprues for those kits in a bigger box. If they can't even stock the little boxes to meet demand what chance is there for them to have the sprues for the battle force?

EmbraCraig 04-07-13 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zion (Post 1356455)
Battle forces are a collection of loose sprues for those kits in a bigger box. If they can't even stock the little boxes to meet demand what chance is there for them to have the sprues for the battle force?

Well I had that thought, but chances are that these things are boxed up weeks before the release date starts, so the unanticipated demand wouldn't really effect things. Unless there's some reason that GW knew they couldn't cast up as much as normal for the Tau release... Whether that's supply issues down the line, or maybe they have something else on the go that's taking up production space/time </conspiracy theory butter>

Zion 04-07-13 12:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by EmbraCraig (Post 1356462)
Well I had that thought, but chances are that these things are boxed up weeks before the release date starts, so the unanticipated demand wouldn't really effect things. Unless there's some reason that GW knew they couldn't cast up as much as normal for the Tau release... Whether that's supply issues down the line, or maybe they have something else on the go that's taking up production space/time </conspiracy theory butter>

I think Pre-orders might have cut into their plans when they ran out before the release occurred.

Either way Battleforces don't typically drop on release anyways. They tend to come a bit later in the month or the next month normally, if my memory serves me correctly on this.

GrizBe 04-07-13 02:45 PM

Quote:

via the Faeit 212 inbox (anonymous)

the mail order delay is due to having sold 2 months worth of stock within just 2 days of preorder. Someone clearly underestimated how popular tau would be.
2 months worth in 2 days does seem a bit much unless they were going off the old selling rates for kits.... but would certainly explain why theres such delays on things and why such limited stock was sent to most stores.

Zion 04-07-13 05:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GrizBe (Post 1356514)
2 months worth in 2 days does seem a bit much unless they were going off the old selling rates for kits.... but would certainly explain why theres such delays on things and why such limited stock was sent to most stores.

Knowing how the bean counters function in a company that's likely the case. Hell when we get to Sisters I'll bet we go through a YEAR in two days based on current selling rates.

bitsandkits 04-07-13 10:18 PM

2 months in 2 days lol what nonsense, you cant know how long stock is going to last if you have no record of sales because the item is new, they simply made an estimate and it fell short,better to under estimate and make more than to over produce and sit on it for months.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

locustgate 04-07-13 11:24 PM

This should be more in the fluff section, but is the new tau aircraft drones or are the maned...taued?

Magpie_Oz 04-07-13 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locustgate (Post 1356648)
This should be more in the fluff section, but is the new tau aircraft drones or are the maned...taued?

The lump (canopy) on top has a windscreen so my guess is it is Tautened

dirty-dog- 04-08-13 03:08 AM

well finnally got to have a look at the dex, and play vs it.

wasnt too different from normal tau, just lots more of my orks dead due to even more shots being put into them. yay.