Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   =][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 18/03/2013 (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/119890-%3D%5D%5B%3D-rumours-roundup-tau-empire-updated-18-03-2013-a.html)

MadCowCrazy 03-19-13 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar (Post 1350404)
If I'm reading this correctly, Tau last had an update in 4th?

They Tau were first introduced to the game in 4th, that's when they had their first launch of models and codex. Dont think they had any models or anything like that beforehand, like the Necrons did for instance.

MetalHandkerchief 03-19-13 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy (Post 1350472)
They Tau were first introduced to the game in 4th, that's when they had their first launch of models and codex. Dont think they had any models or anything like that beforehand, like the Necrons did for instance.

Tau came out in 2002, before Necrons, with a 3rd edition codex.

bobahoff 03-19-13 05:35 PM

They also had a nightmare on release, as someone leaked the whole codex, 6 months previous, as a result they only sold a few minis as everyone had played through the dex with proxies.

A pretty huge disaster for a new race

MadCowCrazy 03-20-13 02:09 AM

Some release information
Source
Quote:

via The Dude
*The release will include two Finecast boxes, one for Farsight and one for a generic XV8 Commander.
*Also Two Finecast blisters for Special Characters; Dark Strider and Long Strike.
*Plus there is a plastic blister for the Cadre Fireblade.
*Just to be clear, the existing Kroot Carnivore squad will stay unchanged.

MetalHandkerchief 03-20-13 03:46 AM

Dangit, I was hoping my ass off for plastic Kroot Hounds.

Zion 03-20-13 05:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
News/rumours to help get us back on track. If any of this has already been posted I apologize but I wasn't backtracking through Tau history to sort that out (both are from Faiet212, the article titles are also the links):

Quote:

Tau Models: Farsight, Dark Strider, and Long Strike

A little release information regarding the models that we will be seeing gives us a couple finecast blisters, two finecast boxes., and a plastic blister. Also included below is a little information on Kroot Carnivore squads.

Please remember that these are still rumors, salt is always required.

via The Dude over on Warseer
*The release will include two Finecast boxes, one for Farsight and one for a generic XV8 Commander.
*Also Two Finecast blisters for Special Characters; Dark Strider and Long Strike.
*Plus there is a plastic blister for the Cadre Fireblade.
*Just to be clear, the existing Kroot Carnivore squad will stay unchanged.
Quote:

Tau HQ News: Cadre Fireblades

Cadre Fireblades is the listing in the codex for the Firewarrior HQ choice, that appears it might be more than one independent character per HQ selection. Its quite hard to tell at the moment, but this little bit of info is the latest on deciphering what we are going to be seeing in the new Tau codex.

Please remember that these are still rumors. I am hoping that sooner rather than later we get someone with the codex in hand to do a QnA here.
via neko over on Warseer
The "Cadre Fireblades" codex entry is pluralised, so they won't be a specific character. They are independant characters, which to me implies HQ. They wear carapace armour and have barely any more EQ than a Fire Warrior (as standard at least) so I am thinking it would be a budget HQ option.

via The Dude over on Warseer
When the Fireblade was first described to me it was as being like a Wolfguard battle leader.
Low level HQ choice.

Tank Commander
I was told that he allows the tank to Overwatch, which may not be too handy for the tank itself, but adds more firepower to the 6" support Overwatch if true.

revilo44 03-20-13 07:25 AM

I'm not really that excited about the tau update as I hope they would have more vespid stuff oh well.

MetalHandkerchief 03-20-13 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revilo44 (Post 1350778)
I'm not really that excited about the tau update as I hope they would have more vespid stuff oh well.

One rumour talked about how the design team were playtesting Vespid on jetbikes. Then they thought "hang on guys, what the fuck are we doing?" and scrapped this rather idiotic idea, thank the gods.

Just saying, no new Vespid units may just be a good thing...

Words_of_Truth 03-20-13 03:48 PM

I don't think the Tau should be an Empire, maybe a Confederacy or something is more apt.

Loli 03-20-13 04:24 PM

Yeah that's something that made me smile now, that everything it seems is Tau Empire, I suppose it's to help out them in the light of a somewhat possible threat. That or they changed the fluff