Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   =][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 18/03/2013 (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/119890-%3D%5D%5B%3D-rumours-roundup-tau-empire-updated-18-03-2013-a.html)

jlay123 03-15-13 05:05 AM

honestly though, still not liking any of this

MetalHandkerchief 03-15-13 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirty-dog- (Post 1349115)
i thought the whole idea of tau is mobile warfare.

It used to be, but the hordes of 'noobies' who'd play them as a straight gun line vastly outnumbered those using Tau correctly, and I can well see Games Workshop being weak-spined enough to change their direction for the entire race based on what they think will rake in those shiny dollars.

It certainly won't be my dollars.

Heck, Ubersuit, Skyfire Broadsides, focus on Fire Warriors, Ethereals worth their salt, Pathfinders not needing transports, unchanged Piranhas, bricked Hammerheads... Yeah, these rumours all tug in the direction of Tau becoming one huge turret. Pardon my French, but f*ck that shit.

Magpie_Oz 03-15-13 05:41 AM

Pretty arrogant to suggest that the way you play Tau is the "correct" way and if GW want them played different they are weak spined.

jlay123 03-15-13 05:42 AM

ya that really sucks, i like my tau right now the way they are..
there are only like 4-5 things that really need to be fixed

jlay123 03-15-13 05:43 AM

its in they're fluff that that is how they are.

Magpie_Oz 03-15-13 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlay123 (Post 1349133)
its in they're fluff that that is how they are.

You mean the fluff that GW created ?

The one that describes the Tau philosophy of "The Hunt" and selecting the perfect position and weapon from which to administer the Mont'ka"

Sounds more positional than mobile to me.

Either way I'm looking forward to a fresh take on the Tau, they have always been my second army of choice and if new 'dex is in the offing I might just build me some!

SavageConvoy 03-15-13 06:30 AM

From what the rumors hint at it looks like Tau will be a terrible stand alone army, but a great unit to bring as allies.

So I'm considering this another mini release for C:SM.

Zion 03-15-13 07:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SavageConvoy (Post 1349143)
From what the rumors hint at it looks like Tau will be a terrible stand alone army, but a great unit to bring as allies.

So I'm considering this another mini release for C:SM.

Considering what we've gotten so far for 6th I expect a pretty well balanced book (at least internally) that gives us a better Tau army than we've got right now.

jlay123 03-15-13 07:27 AM

honestly my tau are pretty reliable right now..

maybe it's just me though..

oh and good positioning probably takes a fair amount of good mobility to get there and get to another good position before your previous one becomes compromised.

Magpie_Oz 03-15-13 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlay123 (Post 1349147)
oh and good positioning probably takes a fair amount of good mobility to get there and get to another good position before your previous one becomes compromised.

Probably but the point is the Codex says nothing about that. In fact it talks more about the " patient hunter" waiting for days.