Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   =][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 18/03/2013 (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/119890-%3D%5D%5B%3D-rumours-roundup-tau-empire-updated-18-03-2013-a.html)

bobahoff 03-13-13 09:44 PM

I like my massed broadsides, I don't want fucking hammerheads! I had one hammerhead didn't like it and am now planning to use the railgun to make my own ubersuit cos the GW one is either gonna be amazing or crap, after the flying hellshite from the CSM release I suspect the latter.
I'm starting to dread this release now :(

Zion 03-13-13 09:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobahoff (Post 1348581)
I like my massed broadsides, I don't want fucking hammerheads! I had one hammerhead didn't like it and am now planning to use the railgun to make my own ubersuit cos the GW one is either gonna be amazing or crap, after the flying hellshite from the CSM release I suspect the latter.
I'm starting to dread this release now :(

Don't start smearing a book that isn't out yet. Let it come out, get a good feel for it, THEN decide if you like it or not.

bobahoff 03-13-13 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zion (Post 1348583)
Don't start smearing a book that isn't out yet. Let it come out, get a good feel for it, THEN decide if you like it or not.

I know i know, its just I've been buzzing for this dex since before ghost started spinning his web of shit and this latest round of rumours has me on a bit of a downer, so long as we don't get cookie cutter auto list crap I'll be happy

MetalHandkerchief 03-14-13 02:20 AM

If Kroot really lose a point of STR then it's easy to get outraged if looking skin-deep, but if you think a bit further:

-It's a good sign Kroot are finally getting their evolutionary adaptations as seen in Chapter Approved, of which one of them were +1 STR (they'd been eating lotsa Orks.)

-They will be cheap.

Both are reasons to rejoice from me. Can't wait to get my Kroot with Hyperactive Nymunes (Fleet) - assuming of course the codex passes inspection and is buyable on a moral standpoint.

dirty-dog- 03-14-13 02:50 AM

i too am looking foward to the new dex, i was starting to play some tau again and looking at getting a tau force, looks like the release will be just before my birthday.

jlay123 03-14-13 05:21 AM

not very excited about these rumors..

Insanity 03-14-13 07:25 AM

What exactly do you find un-exciting about them? there is so much good stuff in here. How much of it is true is another question though.

bobahoff 03-14-13 07:58 AM

Why get excited for fleet? Its crap now.

Xabre 03-14-13 08:48 AM

I'm slightly disappointed, because much of what I was really hoping for has been washed away. I had really been interested in running a 'Tauwing' or 'Tauzilla'... basically a Suit heavy force. rumors stating that you could make a Crisis-troop list was really what was keeping me interested. With the new changes to 40k and troops required to hold objectives then the things I liked about Tau; the mech suits won't be possible, while I'll need more mass handfuls of FW squads again.

Insanity 03-14-13 09:54 AM

If you run Commander Farsight then you can have 16 Crisis suits in total. Although 7 of those are part of Farsights unit.