Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   =][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 18/03/2013 (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/119890-%3D%5D%5B%3D-rumours-roundup-tau-empire-updated-18-03-2013-a.html)

Insanity 03-13-13 12:40 PM

That would be amazing! and so so much better.

Words_of_Truth 03-13-13 12:59 PM

Chance of having a Demiurg only army?

nevynxxx 03-13-13 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth (Post 1348375)

It's called Impreial Guard :wink:

I'd say slim to none.

Zion 03-13-13 02:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth (Post 1348375)

Not paticularly. I haven't heard diddly about Demiurg getting an army, and the rumour of their inclusion in the Tau book started with Ghost21 but didn't leave with him.

GrizBe 03-13-13 02:44 PM

One newer rumour floating about concerning Demiurg was that they were planned, but scrapped because of the Mantic forgefathers, and gw not wanting to bother with more possibly lawsuits.

Zion 03-13-13 04:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GrizBe (Post 1348406)
One newer rumour floating about concerning Demiurg was that they were planned, but scrapped because of the Mantic forgefathers, and gw not wanting to bother with more possibly lawsuits.

Fair point. I wrote those rumours off as coming up with a way to ease the pain, but it's possible that the question was raised because of the internet buzz, discussed but Mantic beat them to the punch on it so they wrote the idea off.

Regardless I do agree with the idea that as the Tau Empire expands they could easily add new things into the army via new alien races but I don't think we'll see that now, maybe in the next book?

GrizBe 03-13-13 04:51 PM

Tau were meant to be a federation of different races working together, so it kinda does surprise me we haven't seen more variation of units... even if it is just one or two special squads, like the hoped for Demiurge...

I'd kinda think that rumour was something to ease the pain of them as it seems like that, but when it makes such sense what with the current law problems... you have to wonder.

I only really mentioned it as its come waayyyyy after the Ghost rumours, so isn't tied to the lies of them.

MadCowCrazy 03-13-13 08:36 PM

Some more info from Natfka as always
Source
Quote:

via 3++ is the New Black (from inside the Chatbawks)
Broadsides - 85 pts with S8 Ap1 Skyfire; not sure if this is in place of old S10 AP1 or if the 85 points + skyfire is an option but its there
Hammerheads - regardless of what Railguns are now in general, keeps S10 AP1
SMS - twin-linked, ignores cover
Crisis Suits - not likely to move to Troops as an option
Disruption Pods - only +1 cover

bobahoff 03-13-13 09:09 PM

So broadsides get nerfed and a points increase. I guess that would be GW strong arming us into buying the uber suit

Zion 03-13-13 09:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobahoff (Post 1348559)
So broadsides get nerfed and a points increase. I guess that would be GW strong arming us into buying the uber suit

It's already been posted that the "ubersuit" doesn't compete with the Heavy Slot. If anything it makes the Hammerhead a better option now instead of massed Broadsides to fulfil your tank-hunting needs.