Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Rules Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/17-40k-rules-discussion/)
-   -   Necron reanimation protocol & resurrection orb (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-rules-discussion/119410-necron-reanimation-protocol-resurrection-orb.html)

nsr250repsol 12-17-12 04:58 PM

Necron reanimation protocol & resurrection orb

I have a quick question concerning the Necron reanimation protocol & resurrection orb. I know in the latest FAQ it states the bearer and of the Orb and his unit can roll reanimation protocol even if the bearer has been killed. I'm clear on that. The question is if the entire squad his killed the reanimation protocol cannot be used. Is this the case if the squad has a Lord with a resurrection orb and the entire unit is killed or can the reanimation protocol still be rolled?

I think the reanimation rule would stand and reanimation rolls would not be able to be made if the unit is completely whipped out. However, if the lord is killed and some or one of his unit remains the reanimation rolls could still be made at the benefit of the resurrection orb as per the FAQ.

Am I missing something or does this sound correct?

Fallen 12-17-12 05:24 PM

if all of the warriors/immortals are killed you cant use reanimation protocols, the lord can still do his ever living roll though.

The Sturk 12-17-12 05:47 PM

Correct. As an example, a squad of warriors with a Lord with an Orb in it. If all the Warriors die, they cannot make their reconstruction rolls. If the Lord dies, along with some of the Warriors, everyone can attempt their reconstruction under the influence of the Orb. The Lord of course can always attempt to reconstruct due to Ever Living. Once the Lord fails the Reconstruction though, the orb bonus is gone for future turns.

nsr250repsol 12-17-12 08:52 PM

Good to see I had it correct. Also thanks for the additional info on the ever living rule as well.

Boc 12-17-12 09:13 PM

And to further expand on what The Sturk said, it's always a great idea to roll the Lord's Resurrection Protocol last, simply to keep that 4+ in play, as if you do his first and lose, the ever-living counter is removed, and (I'm fairly certain) the buff from his res orb is as well.

Magpie_Oz 12-17-12 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boc (Post 1318792)
And to further expand on what The Sturk said, it's always a great idea to roll the Lord's Resurrection Protocol last, simply to keep that 4+ in play, as if you do his first and lose, the ever-living counter is removed, and (I'm fairly certain) the buff from his res orb is as well.

The FAQ says you still get the Orb buff for that phase if the guy with it is removed so the order doesn't matter.

Boc 12-17-12 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz (Post 1318794)
The FAQ says you still get the Orb buff for that phase if the guy with it is removed so the order doesn't matter.

Well... disregard my post then haha

Archon Dan 12-18-12 12:05 PM

Actually, there is this Erratta, backing Boc.

Quote:

Page 82 – Necron Wargear, Resurrection Orb.
Add the following sentence at the end of the second paragraph: “The effect of the resurrection orb applies until the Ever-living counter of the bearer is removed by a failed Reanimation Protocols roll (so roll for the bearer’s counter last!).
Other than that, I believe everyone has it right. Just note that a surviving Lord and/or Cryptek is not enough to allow the attached to squad to reanimate if non of the unit's model type(i.e. Warrior) remains.

Magpie_Oz 12-18-12 12:21 PM

Fair enough. The Errata is out of order so I'd missed that one !