Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Eldar Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/135-eldar-army-lists/)
-   -   New To Eldar 2k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/eldar-army-lists/118382-new-eldar-2k.html)

DivineEdge 11-16-12 12:24 AM

New To Eldar 2k

So while a veteran of 40k (I suppose, been in fantasy longer though) I am new to eldar. This will be the first time I take allies though, as Nids can't.

HQ -

Eldrad Ulthran - 210

Troops -
5 Pathfinders - 120
5 Pathfinders - 120
5 Pathfinders - 120
5 Pathfinders - 120

Elites -
5 Fire Dragons - 80
5 Fire Dragons - 80

Heavy Support -
Warp Hunter - 125

Dark Eldar Allies

HQ -
Archon, Huskblade, Shadowfield, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Combat Drugs, Ghostplate Armour - 170

Elites -
8 Incubi in a raider - 236

Troops -
10 Warriors in a Raider - 150
10 Warriors in a Raider - 150

Heavy Support -
Razorwing - 145

So, basically it is a combo of an alpha strike list and a footdar list. Gonna be all just shoot shoot shoot except for my Eldrad+Archon+Incubi unit, who should mow through most everything.

Raiders and Fire Dragons are my anti tank. Razorwing goes for fliers first, then everything else. Warriors and pathfinders should do serious damage to units. Avatar because he is really cool looking and will kind of guard the pathfinders. Warp Hunters just ooze awesomeness.

So, I see trouble in kill points missions, and while I have no durable (at least not in combat) troops, I have enough to claim objectives. Feedback?

seermaster 11-16-12 07:09 PM

DivineEdge 11-16-12 07:44 PM

Whoops. Fixed that. Thanks

Ragewind 11-16-12 09:38 PM

Well other than your troops it looks fair solid. You might have more luck with another HQ besides the avatar though. If you are new you might get some help from my guide for the Eldar in 6th. Give it a shot when you get a chance.

Fixed the link for the guide Click me!

DivineEdge 11-16-12 09:43 PM

Would you put in jetbikes or avengers?

Ragewind 11-17-12 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DivineEdge (Post 1306926)
Would you put in jetbikes or avengers?

I HIGHLY reccomend Jetbikes over Avangers.

They are more resilient not only in how much easier it is to hide them but T4 and a 3+ save.

They also move multiple times a turn and can move 48' in one go (12 move and 36 turbo), meaning you can capture/contest objectives out of nowhere. Avengers cannot do that, and with all the points you save you can buy something else in another slot.

EDIT: Here is a fixed link for my guide, the other one wasn't working for something reason. My guide - Click da link

seermaster 11-17-12 11:28 AM

right now i have some time
fire dragonz are gonna dy horibly as soon as the enemy shoots they need a wave serpant badly also eldrad cant jump on board with the incubi so they have to foot slog
pathinders are good but five wont do alot consider jetbikes and wraithguard your nest freinds
the de allies are fine but there taking away from the main army alot personally i dont think we need allies as eldar are wicked in sicth

DivineEdge 11-17-12 07:56 PM

From what I see, they kind of do need allies.

I'd do jetbikes in groups of 3/6/9. Which do you think would best?

I can't hop in their transport?

OK - a revised list:

Eldrad - 210
Autarch with Jetbike, Mandiblasters, Laser Lance, Reaper Launcher - 155

6 Jetbikes - 132
6 Jetbikes with 2 Shuriken Cannons - 152
6 Jetbikes - 132

10 Fire Dragons, Exarch, Firepike, Tank Hunters - 195
Wave Serpent with 2 Shuriken Cannons - 110

10 Striking Scorpions, Exarch, Scorpion's Claw, Shadowstrike - 207
Wave Serpent with 2 Shuriken Cannons - 110

5 Shining Spears, Exarch, Star Lance, Skilled Rider, Withdraw - 237

2 Vypers, 2 Shueiken Cannons - 120

Warp Hunter - 125

Warp Hunter - 125

So there is 1 2k list with no allies, kind of a shame as I thought the DE added a lot. Here is a totally different list. I think it's pretty nifty.

Eldrad - 210

10 Dire Avengers, Exarch, Dual Catapults, Bladestorm, Defend - 167
10 Dire Avengers, Exarch, Shimmershield+Power Sword, Defend -162
10 Dire Avengers, Exarch, Dual Catapults, Bladestorm - 152
6 Jetbikes - 132

10 Fire Dragons, Exarch, Tank Hunters, Firepike - 195

10 Warp Spiders, Exarch, Dual Spinners, Withdraw - 252
2 Vypers with 2 Shuriken Cannons - 120

5 Dark Reapers, Exarch, Fast Shot, Crack Shot - 217

Fortress of Redemption with Krakstorm Missiles - 250

The first list is knid of a mechdar list. Autarch goes with the spears and Eldrad probably with the scorps or dragons. Just shoots and moves and the spears should break all but termies.

In the second list I just castle up and throw around 2 battlecannons per turn. The Dragons and Avengers will stay in/near the fortess. The reapers will be in it and the spiders will jump around shooting stuff up. Jetbikes for last second objectives and vypers for 12 s6 shots. The second one has no assualt out of the avatar, so I will try to shoot them up first....

Thoughts?

seermaster 11-17-12 08:12 PM

4 the second style is a great way to play however avengers are weak and exspensive as are dragz reapers are fine but drop 2 save points. spiders again are okay but there are better options the vypers will have all strength 6 weapons on him first turn. eldrad avatar are good in this list.
in this list de are very good 20 plus warriors just for there poisened shots are good as are scorges true born.
for this style of list the best eldar units are wraithguard eldrad guardians jet bikes harlies and either suport weaps or wraith lords a second seer also doesnt go amiss.

Ragewind 11-17-12 08:19 PM

Units of 6 Jetbikes are fine and put out great fire power, but the only problem is that they are hard to hide. If you find yourself losing those squads often reduce it to 3 and see the difference, you also will get back like 200 points.

Your revised lists are better but if you are giving the Scorps Infiltrate don't take the tank and just infiltrate them. this will also save you another 100 points.

On the second list your Dark Reapers have Fast Shot and Crack Shot, you cannot use them both at the same time. If you want to use a Tempest Launcher use Crack Shot, if you want a EML use Fast Shot, otherwise its a points sink TBH.

On the second list if you will be castling just use Jetbikes and not Dire Avengers, you need a way to sally forth and they are your best bet.

If you just want to use the Reapers to turn the Krakstorm into a multiple barrage then take out the 2 extra reapers, thats a savsing of 70 points.

Also the Avatar isnt REALLY needed in the second list, I would take him out and with the points saved from the Reapers get two Wraithguard, they can see over the fortress and get a 3+ cover save from it. They also can put out more Dakka and are great point defense if anything gets close.