Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Video Games & Software (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/31-video-games-software/)
-   -   343 vs Bungie (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/video-games-software/118280-343-vs-bungie.html)

Archaon18 11-12-12 08:58 PM

343 vs Bungie

What are your opinions in the change of ownership over the Halo franchise. I still think they did a good job, and keeping about of the Bungie OCD over 7 (amount of terminals etc), but what about the nostalgia. It is a big leap, adding in the forerunners etcetera but is it worth it?

gen.ahab 11-12-12 11:55 PM

13 Attachment(s)
I love the story and the new weapons and enemies are well balanced. However, the new art direction..... a bit..... too different. I nearly through a fit when I saw the new pelican.

Rems 11-13-12 12:58 AM

I liked the new art direction, it feels properly sci fi now. I do miss that booming percussion sound track though.

ThatOtherGuy 11-13-12 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gen.ahab (Post 1305461)
I don't like the art direction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rems (Post 1305473)
I like the new art direction.

I am indifferent about the art direction.

Akatsuki13 11-13-12 02:21 AM

Same here I don't care either way about the art direction. Some of the locations are absolutely amazing and those Promethean weapons are so cool to look at. But I'm not too thrilled about some of the Spartan armor parts.

However my one real criticism against it is the soundtrack. The Halo series from the very beginning has had a truly epic score that really made you feel what was going on. But Halo 4's was really underwhelming.

DeathJester921 11-13-12 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akatsuki13 (Post 1305497)
Same here I don't care either way about the art direction. Some of the locations are absolutely amazing and those Promethean weapons are so cool to look at. But I'm not too thrilled about some of the Spartan armor parts.

However my one real criticism against it is the soundtrack. The Halo series from the very beginning has had a truly epic score that really made you feel what was going on. But Halo 4's was really underwhelming.

There were some parts of the soundtrack that were awesome, but I still have to agree. Gameplay is awesome and the graphics are awesome though the grunt change is odd. Any Mass Effect players notice that the new grunt head looks like a Krogan? Or is it just me?

Bungie did great up until Halo Reach. It was a fun game, but they fucked up multiplayer, and the got the timelines in campaign wrong. Seriously, go to Lone Wolf, and compare that date, with the date in the book, Fall of Reach. That, and I think the Spartan 3 groups Noble Team came from were made up. The only groups mentioned in Ghosts of Onyx, everyone died, except for TWO members from one. This was from all groups mentioned, which was about three or four. Spartan 3's were suicide units with lower tech armor, the same amount of training, and cheaper materials being used to turn them into Spartans. They were never meant to survive the suicide engagements that they were sent on. The two mentioned above got lucky.

Akatsuki13 11-13-12 04:24 AM

Actually I believe the canon of the games takes precedent over the expanded universe, i.e. the books. Remember the Fall of Reach came out long, long before they ever conceived of Halo Reach.

Plus I never like how the novel's depiction of Reach's fall. It was too quick for what had been billed up as the greatest military base outside of Earth.

I just check and yes the events of Halo Reach are the canon fall of Reach.

Archaon18 11-13-12 05:52 AM

I see what you mean about the Grunts looking like Krogan, which is a change I really don't like. Not got the game yet but probably will soon, so what is the multiplayer like in regard to Reach (the only Halo I've played)?

gen.ahab 11-13-12 06:02 AM

13 Attachment(s)
They don't look like Krogan, they look like bipedal turtles.

Angel of Blood 11-13-12 09:17 AM

Am I the only one who came in here expecting to see a video of a passenger plane vs a bungee cord?