Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

No Chaos Dreadnoughts?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  forkmaster 
#1 ·
So I haven't managed to get a hold of the new CSM-codex yet, but what I see from the homepage is that they have removed the model Chaos Dreadnought all together. My question will it come back with a later wave (I'm not familiar with these waves but from what I understand is that some models come later on with the 2nd and 3rd waves ect ect) or has it been removed and replaced by the daemon engines?

Will it come later or should I focus on ordering a Dreadnought from Forge World right now?

#2 ·
Dreadnoughts have been replaced with Helbrutes. Essentially the same, but with the new model and a slightly different rules set. The Forgefiend/Maulerfiend is more in line with the Defiler-style Daemon engine idea.

#4 ·
Oh ok well the rules I can live with as they sucked (from what Ive gathered) in the previous codex. Its more the essential models Im after since Im gonna make a Malcharion Dreadnought as seen in the Night Lords-trilogy.

Oh ok that makes sense. Any of you, do you happens to know what weapons Malcharion uses?

#5 ·
Twin-linked autocannon and a dreadnought close combat weapon.

#7 ·
Why thank you very very much! :)

If you have the heavy weapons lying around modifications on the helbrute model from the dark vengenace box is stupid easy. saves you the money of buying one from forgeworld. that is of course you want the amazing resin models.
Well I'm going for an old school Dreadnought which fits the description from the novels and a Hellbrute looks more like its possessed or the Warp has touched it a bit too much. :)

#8 ·
I agree, The helbrute is a nice model but the FW dreads are something else. I have the world eaters dread and it is hands down my favorite. I am unimpressed with the removal of certain weapon options though.

#10 ·
The twin linked autocannon has been deleted. In its place is the reaper autocannon which is similar but of shorter range. The options are a little more variable now. It is possible to have a ccw and a missile launcher now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.