Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Video Games & Software (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/31-video-games-software/)
-   -   Dishonoured - To Buy or Not to Buy? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/video-games-software/117731-dishonoured-buy-not-buy.html)

Bane_of_Kings 10-27-12 02:27 PM

Dishonoured - To Buy or Not to Buy?

So, anybody brought this yet? Is it any good? It looks pretty cool and I'm tempted to get it, but... I'm not sure. Should I buy it or should I wait for it to come down in price or should I not bother at all?

Quote:

Dishonored casts you as a supernatural assassin driven by revenge. You are the once-trusted bodyguard of the beloved Empress. Framed for her murder, you become an infamous assassin, known only by the disturbing mask that has become your calling card. In a time of uncertainty, when the city is being besieged by plague and ruled by an oppressive government armed with strange technologies, dark forces conspire to bestow upon you abilities beyond those of any common man.

In Dishonored, creatively eliminate your targets with the flexible combat system as you combine the numerous supernatural abilities, weapons and unusual gadgets at your disposal. Pursue your enemies under the cover of darkness or ruthlessly attack them head on with weapons drawn. The outcome of each mission plays out based on the choices you make.

revilo44 10-27-12 02:38 PM

im going to get when skyrim dlc comes on ps3.

WoRLoKKeD 10-27-12 03:14 PM

If you like good games, buy it.

If your taste is shit, don't buy it.

Also, the poll needs a 'Checkbox' option.

lokis222 10-27-12 03:15 PM

my friend has it. if you play it the way it was designed to be played, he says it is worth the money. if you don't, (ie you don't do the stealth thing), it is very short and ungratifying.

so, if you like stealth, it should be worth it.

personally, i am waiting for a sale though. 60 is more than i am willing to drop on any game these days. esp with all the good indie games that are out or about to come out.

Iron Angel 10-27-12 06:22 PM

Its amazing. I love it. Once you get to about the 3rd or 4th mission and you start getting some really badass powers it gets REALLY awesome.

GrizBe 10-27-12 06:49 PM

Its a good game and its fun if you like stealth-em-up assasination type games.... but its not worth buying new.

I picked this up and X-com Enemy Unknown at the same time.... X-com i'm already on my 4th play through of. It's seen 5 times the play time of Dishonoured.

That said, its still one of those games that should defiantely be in everyone with any sense or taste in decent gamings collection.

ThatOtherGuy 10-27-12 09:36 PM

Dishonored isn't that great. It's a mary sue game. If you want to play true stealth play Thief.

Lord Commander Solus 10-28-12 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokis222 (Post 1299517)
my friend has it. if you play it the way it was designed to be played, he says it is worth the money. if you don't, (ie you don't do the stealth thing), it is very short and ungratifying.

Totally untrue. Running through slaughtering people was incredibly gratifying, and so was sneaking past entire levels without even alarming a single soul. BRILLIANT GAME.

I also wonder how many people have voted on the poll who actually have it. I would say as many people who have ticked the "buy it now" box.

shaantitus 10-28-12 12:23 PM

Bought it, loved it. First time I started stealthy and had a great time, then i got busted a couple of times and ended up killing a few people, after which i went right off the rails and started slaughtering everyone. Really enjoyed it. It did seem to be a little short but i am still very hapy with my purchase. I am on my way through it a second time now.

DeathJester921 10-28-12 05:24 PM

I've heard that it is pretty good. Runs smooth, unlike normal bethesda games.