Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Forum Announcements (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/13-forum-announcements/)
-   -   The Return of Heresy (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/forum-announcements/117627-return-heresy.html)

Jezlad 10-24-12 08:48 PM

The Return of Heresy

Well after what has seemed like an eternity I finally feel like we've won the Russian conflict. Before we begin the grand circle jerk I want to apologise for my fucking retarded handling of the sites backups.

The host fucked up when they failed to set up the backups correctly... I on the other hand fucked up even more. I should of checked the backups were running correctly rather than assuming - how does that saying go? Assumption is the mother of all fuckups?

The timing of the darkest episode in Heresy's history (if we pretend the whole Katie Drake has a COCK saga didn't happen) couldn't of come at a worse time. In fact, with the stuff that's going on in my personal life - the new baby and pathetic working hours the timing of this event could be likened to an intercontinental nuclear war 5 seconds before you poke your cock up Megan Fox's arsehole whilst she screams "FUCK ME PLAGUEFATHER - MAKE IT BROWN!"

Anyway, before I close this prompt message I need two things. Firstly forgiveness for this fuckup and secondly notification of anything that isn't correct (like the buttons I just noticed above the text field I currently type in).

There's work to do.

Onwards.

Farseer Darvaleth 10-24-12 08:52 PM

Yay! Heresy hath returneth! I was missing it (my doctor told me to take medication it was that bad!).

spanner94ezekiel 10-24-12 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've noticed on a few occasions that people's avatar's aren't showing up. And the 'advanced reply' box is a little "funky" shall we say - functional, but just oddly coloured...

Anyhow, big whoop for the insane amount of work you've put in. :clapping:

SonofMalice 10-24-12 08:53 PM

Thanks for getting this up and running again! Rest assured that your hard work is well appreciated!

Jezlad 10-24-12 08:55 PM

Avatars will need updating. Any avatar that was added to the site between April and now is gone... :(

MidnightSun 10-24-12 09:07 PM

317 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jezlad (Post 1298475)
the timing of this event could be likened to an intercontinental nuclear war 5 seconds before you poke your cock up Megan Fox's arsehole whilst she screams "FUCK ME PLAGUEFATHER - MAKE IT BROWN!"

But yeah, great, the site's back up. I can't begin to imagine the dedication put into bringing us back up again.

Midnight

Jezlad 10-24-12 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel (Post 1298477)
I've noticed on a few occasions that people's avatar's aren't showing up. And the 'advanced reply' box is a little "funky" shall we say - functional, but just oddly coloured...

Anyhow, big whoop for the insane amount of work you've put in. :clapping:

On this one can you tell me what the icons along the top say?

Is the blogs and club directory link still present?

Rarka 10-24-12 09:16 PM

A colourful message.. I wonder what happens if someone was to flag it? xD

But thanks for getting everything back :) You're a trooper!

Jezlad 10-24-12 09:16 PM

Ok I think I figured it out. That page is cached. The editor is working fine here for me.

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...te=1&p=1294592

Quote:

A colourful message.. I wonder what happens if someone was to flag it? xD

But thanks for getting everything back :) You're a trooper!
:laugh:

To whom?

Okysho 10-24-12 09:18 PM

Thank you Jezlad for getting the heresy back up. Don't worry about the lost backups. WE CAN REBUILD!!! Someone get the Adeptus Mechanicus on the astronomican network!