Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   Battle Brothers Question (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/117349-battle-brothers-question.html)

Iron_Freak220 09-11-12 03:51 AM

Battle Brothers Question

I've been reading the FAQs and it seems that a lot of abilities that would be interesting to use with allies are all getting the "can only be used on units from codex: whatever" and not on their allies.

For example, Page 49 – Fateweaver, Oracle of Eternity. Change the first sentence to read “Because of the incredible prescience of the Oracle of Tzeentch, Fateweaver and all friendly units chosen from Codex: Chaos Daemons within 6" reroll all failed Armour, Invulnerable and Cover saves.”- from the Chaos Daemons FAQ.

My question is, are there any abilities, powers, etc. that can be used on Battle Brother allies or are they all FAQ'd otherwise? I'd prefer CSM/Daemons but am also interested in other ally possiblities as well.

The Sturk 09-11-12 04:14 AM

This is one thing that disappoints me with the allies...All the nice, beneficial rules such as this one are errata'd so that they only work with the one codex.

Archon Dan 09-11-12 06:00 AM

There are a couple abilities left that still benefit Battle Brother Allies. They are mostly from the new Psychic Powers in the main rulebook. But they seem to be systematically removing all the things that being a battle brother would imply. Eldar Psykers can't buff Dark Eldar anymore, for example. I guess they didn't play test Allies too well and are realizing just how useful some of the stuff is.

ThoseKrazyKasrkin 09-11-12 06:36 AM

Well all units still benifit from increased leadership for battle brother ics

Antonius 09-11-12 07:51 AM

ATSKNF from SM ICs is transferrable to IG blobs. OUCHIES!. Not sure how the mixed unit would work in receiving some orders though (rank fire is fine - SM ICs can't have a lasgun, but BID,FOMT,MMM and Incoming might be of use to the SM IC also), because they can only be used on IG units, but do you use the highest Ld or the Imperial Guard Units Ld???

pantat 09-11-12 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonius (Post 1296374)
ATSKNF from SM ICs is transferrable to IG blobs. OUCHIES!. Not sure how the mixed unit would work in receiving some orders though (rank fire is fine - SM ICs can't have a lasgun, but BID,FOMT,MMM and Incoming might be of use to the SM IC also), because they can only be used on IG units, but do you use the highest Ld or the Imperial Guard Units Ld???

Pretty sure I read in the Imperial Guard FAQ somewhere that you have to use the Guardsmen LD for orders, but I can't confirm/quote because at work and they seem to have finally blocked the GW site! I think I remember reading something like that anyway.

Sethis 09-11-12 09:42 AM

Non-Guard ICs attached to Guard squads do not benefit from Orders.

Blackwire 09-11-12 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantat (Post 1296393)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonius (Post 1296374)

Pretty sure I read in the Imperial Guard FAQ somewhere that you have to use the Guardsmen LD for orders, but I can't confirm/quote because at work and they seem to have finally blocked the GW site! I think I remember reading something like that anyway.

"Q: Can an Imperial Guard unit use the Leadership of an allied
Independent Character that has joined their squad for the purposes of
receiving an order? (p29)
A: No."

"Q: Can an allied Independent Character benefit from Imperial Guard
Orders if they have joined an Imperial Guard Squad that successfully
receives an order? (p29)

I guess that's rounded up.

pantat 09-11-12 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackwire (Post 1296401)
"Q: Can an Imperial Guard unit use the Leadership of an allied
Independent Character that has joined their squad for the purposes of
receiving an order? (p29)

"Q: Can an allied Independent Character benefit from Imperial Guard
Orders if they have joined an Imperial Guard Squad that successfully
receives an order? (p29)

I guess that's rounded up.

Cheers, knew i'd read that :)

Captain Stillios 09-11-12 10:15 PM

Cant open the FAQ's on my laptop so could some one tell me if Epidemus has been FAQed to only affect Chaos Daemons or does he still affect allies?

Stillios