Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Modelling and Painting (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/27-modelling-painting/)
-   -   Fake Forgeworld Models... (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/modelling-painting/117107-fake-forgeworld-models.html)

Azkaellon 09-05-12 08:32 AM

Fake Forgeworld Models...

So i just got a bunch of DKOK models and i suspect the seller is casting them him self in large number..... IS there anyway to tell 100% if a model is real or not? (Also does Forgeworld like to be told who is mass selling fake models?)

Rems 09-05-12 08:45 AM

GW encourage informing about illegal casting.

As to telling if they're fake are they made out of a different resin? Is there a large number of faults and defects? Is the detail consistently poor? Does the seller regularly sell large batches of forgeworld models?

Azkaellon 09-05-12 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rems (Post 1294190)
GW encourage informing about illegal casting.

As to telling if they're fake are they made out of a different resin? Is there a large number of faults and defects? Is the detail consistently poor? Does the seller regularly sell large batches of forgeworld models?

Huge batch's and some of the backpacks are almost plastic like Resin (a few different shades as well...)

bitsandkits 09-05-12 09:01 AM

Azkaellon 09-05-12 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitsandkits (Post 1294198)
what was the country of origin?

Russia i thought but now it seems china.....I think im Fucked.

bitsandkits 09-05-12 09:13 AM

yeah they are fake, if its got anything to do with Russia or China they are fake, also you might want to be careful who knows what they are made from.
I would contact FW about it, Russia and China are getting alot better with IP related issues because of high profile cases like the fake apple stores and such so its not out of the realm of possibilities for GW to go after them.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Azkaellon 09-05-12 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitsandkits (Post 1294206)
yeah they are fake, if its got anything to do with Russia or China they are fake, also you might want to be careful who knows what they are made from.
I would contact FW about it, Russia and China are getting alot better with IP related issues because of high profile cases like the fake apple stores and such so its not out of the realm of possibilities for GW to go after them.

I just cut some of the Spur parts in half and there pretty much plastic so i don't exactly think there harmful lol, Its just kind of a kick in the nut sack.

Magpie_Oz 09-05-12 10:55 AM

Generally if it is too good to be true, then it isn't true.

Dob the bastards in, if they are legit then they have nothing to worry about.

Azkaellon 09-07-12 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz (Post 1294245)
Generally if it is too good to be true, then it isn't true.

Dob the bastards in, if they are legit then they have nothing to worry about.

Gw Legal contacted me....all i can say :D I am happy they are looking into these scamming fuckers.:grin:

fatmantis 09-07-12 02:39 PM

i live in china and you can go to a web site called taobao(china ebay) type in warhammer and bobs your uncle fake fake fake fake fake! ive contacted my local rep several times and he doesnt seem to care. i can get 5kuai 30uscents give or take land raider door. his quality for resin casts are crap too, but in al fairness some of the guys advertise they are fake and just for painting practice,,,,,,ha yeah right