Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   New vid from GW, date for next pre-order/release. (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/114683-new-vid-gw-date-next-pre-order-release.html)

yanlou 07-23-12 03:28 PM

New vid from GW, date for next pre-order/release.

Could this be the long awaited Advanced oder of the 6th ed Chaos Space Marine codex or the starter-set or Daemons?

LordMolnar 07-23-12 03:47 PM

Freeze frames in the video look like art from Chaos Daemons.

World Eater XII 07-23-12 04:07 PM

oh please, oh please, oh please be CSM's.

GrizBe 07-23-12 04:14 PM

Nope, not CSM. As LordMolnar pointed out, is Chaos Demons. Freezframe and you'll see bloodletters, demonettes, plaguebears and flamers of Tzeentch.

Also our faithful rumours guy Bindi, who's pretty much never wrong, has said its Demons first... Then CSM.

VanquisherMBT 07-23-12 04:14 PM

That was not the best video to play in the middle of a crowded train station at a quiet moment

yanlou 07-23-12 04:20 PM

ah well we'll know in 5 days.

Gothic 07-23-12 04:30 PM

91 Attachment(s)
I froze the frames and LordMolnar is right they're demons

feckwit101 07-23-12 04:39 PM

Guess we will find out in 4 days :D

VanquisherMBT 07-23-12 04:57 PM

Hopefully its just the use of any random chaos images, as a daemon release would be utterly shit.

davespil 07-23-12 05:04 PM

Don't we pretty much know what army is gonna get released and have at least some idea what the major changes will be at least a month or two ahead of time? All I've heard people saying is CSM, Tau, DA, and a bunch of SoB people clammoring for a new release. Nothing about Demons at all. Though I'm not nearly as plugged in as most of you I would be amazed if GW could pull off a release of an entire codex by surprise.

LordMolnar 07-23-12 05:37 PM

I'd be willing to bet that they're unveiling plastic kits(plaguebearers?)/finecast or possibly some new Greater Daemons. That would be great, as the models right now are awfully small and the Forgeworld ones are too large for regular games.

While I had also hoped for CSM, there is a wealth of available CSM artwork and a complete lack of it in the video.

777swappamag777 07-23-12 05:53 PM

If its deamons then it will be just like empire. they update them too many times. True the empire fans are happy but the bret players (me) are :headbutt:

Kastle 07-23-12 06:24 PM

I believe its just a relaunch of a bunch of different models for Daemons...

davespil 07-23-12 06:29 PM

Yeah, I didn't even think about a model release. I got it stuck in my head that you guys ment a codex. It would make sense if they released some demons cause you know they can be used in the CSM codex which is right around the corner. Some plastics and some failcast.

Fallen 07-23-12 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 777swappamag777 (Post 1268886)
If its deamons then it will be just like empire. they update them too many times.

1st off the demons codex is pretty gimped in terms of choices front to back (ya, some nice HQ selections, but other than that its pretty much a 1 shot per god...) and isnt very good, fun but not very good...that said people who played FateCrusher f*cked me up last edition.

the equivalent to Empire for 40k is Codex Space Marines...you know that stuff that usually has a dude in blue armor on the front?:ok:

honestly i would love it if GW released a demons codex, or at least lots of new PLASTIC boxes (Plague bearers, fiends of slaanesh, Greater Demons, HERALDS, etc)

----

besides i would love it for Demons to be the "guinea pig" to start out the edition (see C:SM now)

Styro-J 07-23-12 06:38 PM

I think someone online mentioned an upcoming WD that changes a few things in the Daemon codex and armybook. I don't know about all that, but its something I'd like to see.

IanC 07-23-12 08:49 PM

Please not Daemons. I want at least one tournament with my current Warhammer Armybook.

Barnster 07-23-12 09:08 PM

Its a release of some new daemons, not an army book if the release schedule floating around is correct

so plastic plague bearers, screamers and a bunch of finecast like blue scribes, theres the remaining greater deamons as finecast as well

I think its a good thing before the release of CSM, praise the word of chaos brothers, the last days of the corpse emperor draws near

Archaon18 07-23-12 09:40 PM

Just in time for my birthday!

experiment 626 07-24-12 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaon18 (Post 1268988)
Just in time for my birthday!

Well, I can pretend it's my birthday again can't I?!

Anyways, this is perfect timing really! I've been unable to really do much with my CSM's due to the impending new codex, and my poor Daemons have been looking down from their shelf wondering why I don't show them any love anymore...

Best news of all, we're finally getting some rules ajustments/amendments! Ever since the giant GK clusterfuck that rendered my entire army un-playable, I've been dying for some payback!

Tzeentch has at long last answered my prayers! Now it's time for some sweet, sweet revenge!

AwesomusPrime 07-24-12 10:41 AM

Maybe it's a combined CSM/Daemons codex? #conspiracytheory

experiment 626 07-24-12 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwesomusPrime (Post 1269324)
Maybe it's a combined CSM/Daemons codex? #conspiracytheory

No, it just Chaos Daemon updates for both systems.

CSM's get to wait until October it seems.

Viscount Vash 07-24-12 04:24 PM

Well that is answered I guess.

stephen.w.langdon has posted a link to a Dutch WD looksee vid in the below thread.

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...wpost&t=114731.

Doelago 07-24-12 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viscount Vash (Post 1269493)
Well that is answered I guess.

stephen.w.langdon has posted a link to a Dutch WD looksee vid in the below thread.

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...wpost&t=114731.

Here is an English one;

Ravner298 07-24-12 05:34 PM

That worked, thanks. Interesting indeed. Looks like fiends are still godly expensive to field......Nurglings were what, 18$ for 3 before? Not much of a change there.

Antsy to see the rules for that gigantic daemonic lawnmower. Also interested to know if there are any rules updates for the codex itself or if its just plugs to sell new models.

Did anyone else look at that lawnmower and think about how much of a bitch to build/transport it'll be? Lord.

IanC 07-24-12 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravner298 (Post 1269530)
Did anyone else look at that lawnmower and think about how much of a bitch to build/transport it'll be? Lord.

Honestly this is something that pisses me off. GW's obsession with big centrepiece models that end up been a pain to transport. Like the Empire chicken, the Goblin spider, the 2 Ogre things, and the Tomb Kingdom sphinx things.

jayromandell 07-25-12 02:22 AM

OMG, my pants got tight!

Adramalech 07-25-12 03:31 AM

Reminds me of the "13th black crusade" bit on the timeline in the rulebook, and subsequently, of this:

In other news, my pants just got very tight and very sticky. <3

Azkaellon 07-25-12 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanC (Post 1269633)
Honestly this is something that pisses me off. GW's obsession with big centrepiece models that end up been a pain to transport. Like the Empire chicken, the Goblin spider, the 2 Ogre things, and the Tomb Kingdom sphinx things.

You forgot the Vampire Coven Throne....That thing is damn near impossible to transport -_-

Achaylus72 07-25-12 04:59 AM

I'm excited, this will give me a decent Daemon Army component to Sons of Achaylus.

Adramalech 07-25-12 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanquisherMBT (Post 1268847)
Hopefully its just the use of any random chaos images, as a daemon release would be utterly shit.

don't be such a negative nelly.

Think of it like this:

when CSM's do come out, you'll have more ways to kit-bash them.

Arcane 07-26-12 04:27 AM

Why is it so confusing for some?

It's a WD update for Daemons with a few new models, not a new dex. Changes nothing about the release schedule of CSM.