Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/29-off-topic/)
-   -   10 dead at batman premier in denver (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/off-topic/114530-10-dead-batman-premier-denver.html)

bitsandkits 07-20-12 09:26 AM

10 dead at batman premier in denver

Magpie_Oz 07-20-12 09:37 AM

-sigh- dead set guys when are you gonna ban guns?

bitsandkits 07-20-12 09:53 AM

death toll has risen to 14 and 50 injured, shooter is in custody

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

tabbytomo 07-20-12 10:45 AM

You know when you could have actually done with a Batman type character..

Shady ed 07-20-12 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz (Post 1266823)
-sigh- dead set guys when are you gonna ban guns?

How will that help? I bet he didn't buy the gun at a gunshop.

Magpie_Oz 07-20-12 10:54 AM

and here they come, the same old excuses.

Serpion5 07-20-12 10:57 AM

I really doubt gun legalities would have made a difference here. The law only keeps honest people in line.

Given the nature of this, I feel it would be better place in WN&CE.

- Moved.

LukeValantine 07-20-12 11:01 AM

Banning guns only really helps when its a ban for everyone across the entire county for everyone but cops and soldiers with no exception (And even then it won't completely stop gun violence), but this only works if the government that does the banning is a stable and just government. As such actions in a impoverished country is just a means of securing power. (Not so in the states, by which I mean they can't claim that their a impoverished unjust nation).

Magpie_Oz 07-20-12 11:03 AM

Are you saying Denver isn't stable and just?

OIIIIIIO 07-20-12 12:10 PM

Why should we ban guns? Guns do not kill people, husbands who come home early kill people. It is a tragic thing that happened, banning guns is not the answer.

That is the same thing as saying that people that ride motorcycles should be forced to wear helmets. If you ask a cop and get an honest answer from him this is what it will be " Every collision is a different set of circumstances, a helmet may help you or hurt you depending on speed of impact and velocity of ejection from the motorcycle."

Ben Franklin said it best "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."