Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Rules Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/17-40k-rules-discussion/)
-   -   BA and Stormtalons (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-rules-discussion/114332-ba-stormtalons.html)

Lipsidius1 07-17-12 02:54 PM

BA and Stormtalons

To all those in the know, can BA use Stormtalons in their armies? I can't find anywhere that says they can't. The White Dwarf article doesn't mention anything. Please chime in.

Thanks,

Gret79 07-17-12 02:56 PM

Not as far as I'm aware - unless you take allies. You already get storm ravens :)

The storm talon was for vanilla marines - so I think Space Wolves, Dark Angels and Blood Angels all miss out.

Fallen 07-17-12 03:06 PM

the storm talon was for C: Space Marines. it says so in the WD.

Lipsidius1 07-17-12 03:44 PM

The White Dwardf doesn't say who it's/it's not for, it just reads that it's used by the armies of the Astartes. BA is an Astartes army, so why couldn't they use one in an F/A slot? Don't mean to be a pain, just want to know where it says I can't. Wanna use them to continue to beat my buddies ass when we play. :grin:

fynn 07-17-12 04:14 PM

Page 67 of the WD, at the bottom of the page it says "CODEX:SPACE MARINES" under the storm talon entry

Lipsidius1 07-17-12 04:34 PM

Thank you much flynn, found it.

Preciate it!

VanquisherMBT 07-17-12 04:36 PM

But if you wanna use it just ask your opponents

Silens 07-17-12 08:23 PM

I imagine nowhere says you can't take it for Tau, but that doesn't mean you can.

VanquisherMBT 07-17-12 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silens (Post 1264753)
I imagine nowhere says you can't take it for Tau, but that doesn't mean you can.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanquisherMBT (Post 1264531)
just ask your opponents

Quote:

ask your opponents

Quote:

just ask

Quote:

ask

Your point?

scscofield 07-17-12 08:56 PM

Was the multiple edits/quotes really needed?

VanquisherMBT 07-17-12 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scscofield (Post 1264779)
Was the multiple edits/quotes really needed?

Yes, the rules question was answered, and seeking permission to use things like a talon or raven is just as much part of those rules (despite the efforts of many to pretend it does not exist) and I know from before that on heresy you must repeat yourself a thousand times to people before they understand this.

So can you legally use it no, that's the rules
Can you ask nicely to use it?, yes, that's the rules, and always has been, its your game NOT GW's, they just supply you models

scscofield 07-17-12 09:04 PM

I was not disagreeing with you, I was just pointing out your first version of the post worked just fine without redoing it so that you quoted yourself 4 times.

VanquisherMBT 07-17-12 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scscofield (Post 1264789)
I was not disagreeing with you, I was just pointing out your first version of the post worked just fine without redoing it so that you quoted yourself 4 times.

I thought I would save time for later, instead of putting the same amount into seperate posts, its easier that way and more convenient