Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   6th too H:FY? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/114022-6th-too-h-fy.html)

Iron Angel 07-13-12 01:46 AM

6th too H:FY?

Maybe its just me, but this edition seems to be WAY too H:FY! for me. In 5th, things were called what they were, and everyone got a decent portion of the book. Sure, humans got more, but this edition is ridiculous. If you added every single page on Xenos together it wouldn't be half as big as the parts on the Space Marines, IG, or CSM. I don't expect xenos to be the biggest part of the book, hell, they never really were, but this edition seems to sidelined them in the fluff massively. Xenos are part of what makes the galaxy so terrifying, knowing there's not just one threat, but dozens, and they all want to eat/shoot/assimilate/disintegrate/enslave and torture/harvest humanity.

I mean, for fuck's sake, the part on Chaos is called "The Greatest Threat". Most xenos only get a single page for themselves in the fluff section. ONE. PAGE. Though I can't say one specific human army didn't get totally reamed with a one-pager in the book either...

So, how long before the summary of the 40k fluff becomes "Good Humans versus Bad Humans"?

NOTE: H:FY! means "Humanity: Fuck Yeah!" and is usually used as a derogatory term when someone in a sci-fi or fantasy setting goes on and on about how humans are the besterest.

scscofield 07-13-12 01:54 AM

I can not figure out what H:FY means....

Obinhi 07-13-12 02:05 AM

Humanity: Fuck Ya!

HOBO 07-13-12 02:18 AM

I wouldn't of cared if IG had only 1 page dedicated to it personally....the BYB could be just a book that contains the actual rules for all I care.

lokis222 07-13-12 02:21 AM

lol honestly haven't gotten to the fluff yet. just going over the rules and codexes again and again to make sure i understand the rule changes.

pretty sure it will annoy me though. i only play xenos and never found the space marines that interesting. however.... huge gaunts ghosts fan... so lots of imp fluff might be okay.

Iron Angel 07-13-12 02:22 AM

That is actually what I wanted ultimately, the book is absolutely colossal but only like the first fifth of it is rules. The rest is about the imperium and how jawesome Space Marines are.

Sothot 07-13-12 02:23 AM

Doesn't make a lick of difference to me. I don't need to be sold on my race any more, I have the codex that flips the tables and has all the fluffy bits I need for them. I would have preferred they used that space for more fortification datasheets.

scscofield 07-13-12 02:28 AM

I read thru the fluff on first go thru the book. Beyond that the sections with miniatures and battleboards has had more draw to me than the fluff section.

Iron Angel 07-13-12 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sothot (Post 1260956)
Doesn't make a lick of difference to me. I don't need to be sold on my race any more, I have the codex that flips the tables and has all the fluffy bits I need for them. I would have preferred they used that space for more fortification datasheets.

This. Robot brofist!

I hate looking at the models in the book. The models are gorgeous, amazing really. Thats the problem, I feel like a complete amateur looking at their painting, and it wrecks my self-esteem for an hour or so.

scscofield 07-13-12 02:46 AM

I get the opposite, I see them and go, I need to paint more and improve.