Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Fluff (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/18-40k-fluff/)
-   -   M'Kar - the death defying demon? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-fluff/113761-mkar-death-defying-demon.html)

Over Two Meters Tall! 07-09-12 11:49 PM

M'Kar - the death defying demon?

Hello all! After reading some Homebrew Fluff the name of the Demon Prince M'Kar came up and piqued my interest, so I looked it up on Lexicanum, which brought up a few more questions. Now, I know Lecanium is like any Wiki and prone to some really bad information, but the profile on M'Kar is pretty closely footnoted and draws on the Codexes.

The demon, then Demon-Prince M'Kar is reported to have been:

935.M41 - Torn limb from limb by none other than Marneus Calgar himself (SM Codex)
965.M41 - Strangled by Mephiston, the Chief Librarian of the Blood Angels (BA Codex)
997.M41 - Exterminatis'ed by the Grey Knights and the Sky Sentinels Chapter (Tyranids Codex)

I won't get into the references from the novels in which he plays a part, but all three of these quotations are supposed to be from a Codex, and in all three M'Kar gets destroyed, then comes creeping back within about 30 years it looks like. I remember from the GK Omnibus and the Ravenor Omnibus (I think) that demons who are destroyed in the materium are supposed to sit in the penalty box for 1,000 years before being allowed to return. What the hell is up with M'Kar?

Vaz 07-10-12 12:00 AM

His name is MKar the reborn for s reason. Also, it may not be Mkar, after all, he is as powerful as Aetous'rau'keres in lore.

Not to mention he is likely to take into account he will get his face eaten off by the one of the gayparade, like the daemon in grey knights omnibus did, factoring in the slaughter commited as part of his way of victory over it all and breaking his bindings.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

ckcrawford 07-10-12 03:04 PM

According to Iron Warrior Marneus Calegar did not have the strength to actually defeat him. He was only able to imprisonate him in some type of protective orb. In The Chapter's Due, he was caught being a liar.

It's possible that even Mephiston had trouble and lied about actually killing him.

BlackGuard 07-11-12 12:56 AM

You also must take into account that time within the Warp is not the same as the Materium. What is 1,000 years in the Warp, may only be 30 years in our time.

Time in 40k, as always, is hazy at best.

Child-of-the-Emperor 07-11-12 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codex: Chaos Daemons, p. 7.
Legend has it that a Daemon banished in this way cannot return for a thousand years and a day, though it is of course impossible to prove such a belief through study, and time is meaningless within the Warp.

Sums it up.

Worldkiller 07-11-12 04:43 PM

Are daemons supposed to stay in the warp for 1000 years? I thought it varied from daemon to daemon and banishment method to banishment method.

Nave Senrag 07-11-12 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worldkiller (Post 1259475)
Are daemons supposed to stay in the warp for 1000 years? I thought it varied from daemon to daemon and banishment method to banishment method.

This, plus time doesn't exist in the warp. Two daemons banished with the same method could easily stay banished for a few years, or a few thousand.