Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Black Library Book Reviews (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/177-black-library-book-reviews/)
-   -   Shepherd492's Review Thread (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/black-library-book-reviews/111334-shepherd492s-review-thread.html)

Shepherd492 05-29-12 02:57 AM

Shepherd492's Review Thread

At the risk of spamming the boards with my reviews (I plan to read a substantial amount of WH40k in the coming weeks) I will go ahead and make a thread for anything I review and just update it every 3 or 4 reviews.

Reviews since the last update:

Ciaphas Cain: For The Emperor/Fight or Flight

H.A.W.X.

Star Wars: Crimson Empire II: Council of Blood

Hachiko 05-29-12 11:18 PM

I particularly enjoyed the H.A.W.X. review. :grin:

Shepherd492 05-30-12 05:27 AM

Thanks for reading Hachiko :) That's one of my personal favorites reviews of all time. Something endlessly entertaining about the extremely bad books.

Just posted another review:

Star Wars: The Last Command

Shepherd492 06-07-12 07:06 PM

Reviews since last update:

Lord of Souls: An Elder Scrolls Novel

Star Wars: Agent of the Empire

Resident Evil book 2: Caliban Cove

Should have the next batch of reviews: Heretics of Dune, 40k: Space Wolf, and a SW comic I haven't picked out yet, up in about 3 days.

Thanks for reading!

Shepherd492 06-13-12 09:00 AM

Reviews since last update:

Heretics of Dune

40k: Space Wolf

Batman: Year Two: Fear the Reaper

Next up is Star Wars: Jedi Academy Trilogy: Jedi Search, Warhammer 40k: Rebel Winter/The Citadel, and Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith.

Shepherd492 06-21-12 06:29 AM

More reviews:

Assassin's Creed: Renaissance

Star Wars: Jedi Search

Splinter Cell: Operation Barracuda

On deck: Star Wars: Threat of Peace, Indiana Jones and the Seven Veils, 40k: Helion Rain, 40k: Rebel Winter/The Citadel, Star Wars comic I still haven't picked out yet.

Hachiko 06-26-12 01:48 AM

Looking forward to your review on Rebel Winter. I haven't gotten to it yet, but I've read Gunheads by Steve Parker and I really liked it.

Shepherd492 06-26-12 07:48 AM

As ever, I never seem to stick to schedule:

KBL: Kill Bin Laden (total impulse read)

Indiana Jones and the Seven Veils

Warhammer 40k: Rebel Winter/The Citadel

Look for Star Wars: Threat of Peace, Star Wars: Dark Apprentice, Star Wars: Dark Lords of the Sith to be my next three reviews. Next up for 40k is the Dawn of War novelization, which will probably be posted sometime in the next 4 days, and Helion Rain, which I just can't seem to find the time to listen to. I'll try to get about 5 reviews out by the end of June, but we will see.

Shepherd492 06-29-12 07:17 AM

Star Wars: Dark Apprentice

Lowest score I've ever given anything, which makes the Jedi Academy Trilogy the only series with an entry on both my top and bottom ten lists.

Threat of Peace will be up tomorrow, along with Dark Lords of the Sith (I hope...)

Hachiko 06-29-12 08:31 PM

I have not heard of such a drop in quality since Republic Commando: Hard Contact to Triple Zero.