Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Chaos Daemon Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/152-chaos-daemon-army-lists/)
-   -   pure tzeentch army (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/chaos-daemon-army-lists/109770-pure-tzeentch-army.html)

tyrulf 04-26-12 01:06 PM

pure tzeentch army

got 2 firend that play daemons and i decided to start a army to one of them are playing pure khorne and one pure nurgle so i thought why not start pure tzeenth1

well here is my list. fist drop is ofc all HQ heralds and both demon princes.
:yahoo:

HQ
herald of tzeentch
chariot of tzeentch
bolt of tzeentch
we are legion
master of sorcery
chaos icon
135p

herald of tzeentch
chariot of tzeentch
bolt of tzeentch
we are legion
master of sorcery
chaos icon
135p

herald of tzeentch
chariot of tzeentch
bolt of tzeentch
we are legion
master of sorcery
110p

herald of tzeentch
chariot of tzeentch
bolt of tzeentch
we are legion
master of sorcery
110p

ELITE

flamers of tzeentch 5x 175p

TROOP:

pink horrors of tzeentch 9x 153p
bolt of tzeentch changeling
168p

bolt of tzeentch
163p

bolt of tzeentch
163p

bolt of tzeentch
163p

HEAVY SUPPORT

deamonprince
mark of tzeentch
demonic flight
bolt of tzeentch
ironhide

deamonprince
mark of tzeentch
demonic flight
bolt of tzeentch
iron hide

1737p

Chaos40kAD 04-26-12 06:03 PM

Id suggest dropping the itemized points on your Daemon Princes as someone will surely say something (other than me) pretty soon.

Other than that, it looks like a solid Tzeentch list :)

-Brett

Chaos4reaL 04-26-12 06:09 PM

Your DPs donīt need wings as they are better at shooting than assaulting anyway. With a Tzeentch list you need lots of Bolts to pop tanks and lots and lots of Horrors to Shoot at what comes out of them. 2 Icons is at least one to much I would say 2 to much. Tzeentch have range and have a bigger safty zon to DS into. Your best shooting in Tzeentch are DPs and therefor should be filled to the brim with both bolt and Daemonic gaze to maxout on their BS 5. Flamers are great when they work but are a one trick pony that tend to die in just one round. I rarly use them becasuse of this and would consider taking more 2x 5 Horrors with bolt instead as you really need warpfire S 4 AP 3 shots (and more bolts) as they are 4++ to hit most of the time.

tyrulf 04-26-12 08:35 PM

thanks 4 the commen on my list. but i intend to use my DPs like a shield if anything wana come close and i fail at destroying it at range. and to use the wonderfull model of lord of changes. and i got 2 icons because i dont have any clue what to full the extra points i got. flamers are awesome models and i know they will not probobly not survive for long if they are under 15inches from the enemy like the rest of the army will hopfully not be. its just a cool squad that makes the enemy rethink if he realy want to come closer if they are not dead yet.
and i got 9 squads of horrors is ofc the magic number and i dont wana bet smaller or bigger squads :)

Chaos40kAD 04-27-12 03:00 AM

Flamers are basically a suicide unit, which is why I usually just take 3. You drop them and flame something on that turn, and if they live past the turn they Deepstrike, bonus. I would also say that yes, you want your Princes shooting, but they are still quite excellent at assault, and will be the only real CC in this list.

-Brett

D-A-C 04-27-12 03:29 AM

A few thoughts.

1. Your Heralds are illegal as you've given two of them 4 items and 3 is the maximum.

2. Tzeentch Daemon Princes never purchase Iron Hide ... ever. They get buffed to a 4++, so a 3+ for xpts is a waste.

3. A small squad of sceamers would probably be usefull at the points level to help you deal with the inevitable Land Raiders.

4. Tzeentch Princes are better with Wings because they can be moved so that they hit the side and rear of vehicles, plus at higer points levels when you can afford it, wings are standard fair for Princes that they might as well be mandatory.

5. Your probably have too many troops, 3 squads of nine should be enough.

6. Flamers are better in suicide squads, two squads of three being dropped right ontop of an Elite unit would be better.

7. Chaos Daemon players never buy icons except for Wound Allocation purposes on Bloodcrushers.

8. Not a bad first draft though.

tyrulf 04-27-12 07:58 AM

i have read you coment and decided this:

HQ
herald of tzeentch
chariot of tzeentch
bolt of tzeentch
we are legion
master of sorcery
110p

herald of tzeentch
chariot of tzeentch
bolt of tzeentch
we are legion
master of sorcery
110p

herald of tzeentch
chariot of tzeentch
bolt of tzeentch
we are legion
master of sorcery
110p

herald of tzeentch
chariot of tzeentch
bolt of tzeentch
we are legion
master of sorcery
110p

TROOP:

bolt of tzeentch changeling
168p

bolt of tzeentch
163p

bolt of tzeentch
163p

bolt of tzeentch
163p

fast attack

screamers of tzeentch 3x 48p

HEAVY SUPPORT

deamonprince 80p
mark of tzeentch
demonic flight
bolt of tzeentch
200p

deamonprince 80p
mark of tzeentch
demonic flight
bolt of tzeentch
200p

deamonprince 80p
mark of tzeentch
demonic flight
bolt of tzeentch
200p
1745p

Haydoss 05-02-12 10:54 PM

The screamers are out Of place here. 3 Flamers would actually be more reliable anti tank and a better all-round unit if you can find a few more points for them.

I don't disagree on the above comment on flight,but I think it only becomes a must have at 2000 points. Use it depending on the playstyle you'd like to have...otherwise nice and fluffy!