Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Rules Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/17-40k-rules-discussion/)
-   -   Necron Reanimation Protocols and Kill Teams (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-rules-discussion/109429-necron-reanimation-protocols-kill-teams.html)

aberson126 04-20-12 06:35 AM

Necron Reanimation Protocols and Kill Teams

So my question is pretty simple. since in kill teams each model acts like its own unit how do you handle reanimation protocols if a 1 man unit of necrons dies?

Archon Dan 04-20-12 07:13 AM

Unless there was some special consideration or house rules, Necron Reanimation Protocals would not work in Kill Teams. They are treated as seperate units and only those with Ever-living would be able to reanimate. As those are all HQ models, you'll not see them in Kill Teams. As I write this however, I recall that they are still bought as a whole unit before becoming seperate. So if you bought 10 Immortals as one Troop choice, you could argue that any going down would reanimate so long as one lived. Hmm. Perhaps you could play that they only reanimate if within X" of another Immortal or treat them all as Ever-living. It is a very specialized kind of mission that not all rules were designed for.

aberson126 04-20-12 09:08 AM

yeah thats the issue i see. If they dont have reanimation they take a significant hit because the rule/ability is incorporated into their point cost

emmonno 04-20-12 03:28 PM

but on the upside, taking 10 deathmarks lets you mark 10 different units as each deathmark is a unit (do remember to go second though). Someone tried this at my local GW store and pretty much blew away his opponent :D

Archon Dan 04-20-12 05:19 PM

Yeah. Deathmarks would be nasty in that situation. Each one deep striking and taking out a marked target. Make sure those AP 3 or better weapons go away and you're solid.

emmonno 04-20-12 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archon Dan (Post 1202768)
Yeah. Deathmarks would be nasty in that situation. Each one deep striking and taking out a marked target. Make sure those AP 3 or better weapons go away and you're solid.

As far as I know (I don't have the battle missions book) it's not allowed to deep strike in kill team. And it indeed is nasty (remember that you also wound on 2+ in close combat :D)

aberson126 04-21-12 10:16 AM

so far i've been playing vs my friend's IG as we prepare for a kill team tournament. been running RP for every unit regardless of distance to another necron. so far its came up victory to me 3/3 times. but every time i have 2-3 immortals left. He has also only ever played 3 times so i think without RP i'd be toast. Plus with only 5+ i maybe WBB twice a game on fallen models. Ill try a game without any RP rolls to see how it goes.

falcoso 04-21-12 11:50 AM

you would probably play it like the old we'll be back rules (except they can still get up if killed by power weapons or instant-killed) - you can reanimate as long as there is another model within 6''

falcoso 04-21-12 11:53 AM

You would probably play it that u have to be within 6'' of another model. However they are technically still one unit because say u choose deathmarks, u still have to have at least 5 deathmarks which kind of implies that they still count as one squad but move separately. If you did play it like that though it probably wouldn't make a difference to hunters from hyperspace mark because your opponent would probably only have one squad too