Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Modelling and Painting (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/27-modelling-painting/)
-   -   Painting with eyeshadow??? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/modelling-painting/106126-painting-eyeshadow.html)

arumichic 02-20-12 09:00 PM

Painting with eyeshadow???

I know this is a really stupid question and I have no idea why I even thought of this, but has anyone ever done it before, painting with eyeshadow? Like possibly for eyeshadow itself? How did it turn out if people have tried it? And how would you do it? Maybe mixing it with hairspray or something that would make the pigment more adhesive? I mean eyeshadow is pigment, so I was wondering, though paint is cheaper than eyeshadow, but you will get access to a bunch of different and possibly more vibrant colors.
Thoughts, comments?
I would be VERY surprised if NO ONE in the painting community hasn't thought of this before and I might actually try it if people haven't.

Iron Angel 02-20-12 09:13 PM

I have never thought of using it. I would think it would come off the model too easy.

arumichic 02-20-12 09:15 PM

Well if you seal it in with varnish at the very end, I don't imagine that would be much of a problem and why I also was wondering if people had done it before if they had used hairspray or something to hold the pigment while it was going on a model.

bitsandkits 02-20-12 09:47 PM

Its been done,as has chalk dust,real dirt and oil,tea. wouldnt use hair spray how ever spray varnish like purity seal or testors dull cota would be better

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

arumichic 02-20-12 10:10 PM

I've known the other stuff had been done, but I guess on my recent splurg of buying eyeshadow made me think about this topic and I even went searching for more info, but I hadn't seen anything. Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out and see what effects i get with different colors. :)

bitsandkits 02-21-12 01:52 PM

tamia weathering powders look alot like generic eye shadow right down to the sponge applicator

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Azkaellon 02-21-12 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitsandkits (Post 1165258)
tamia weathering powders look alot like generic eye shadow right down to the sponge applicator

Hmmm...i think someone needs to do an experiment.......

Dicrel Seijin 02-23-12 05:57 AM

I stumbled across a Dakkadakka project log late last year that had the modeler using eyeshadow, for his Ork compound.

One he used to simulate rust. Another, silver, he used to highlight the scrap metal to simulate the fresh-cut edges.

I don't remember what he used to seal.