Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Space Marine Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/139-space-marine-army-lists/)
-   -   1850 wolves (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/space-marine-army-lists/103950-1850-wolves.html)

CE5511 01-12-12 06:41 AM

1850 wolves

I have a tourney on the 21st and this is the list I keep tweeking

Rune priest with chooser of the slain (LL and stormcaller) 110
Wolf guard (3) with a fist and combi melta in a rhino 164
Dreadnout with heavy flamer, wolftooth necklace and drop pod 160
Grey hunters (5) with melta gun in a lasback 155
Grey hunters (5) with melta gun, mark of the wulfen, power weapon, and standard in a razorback with TL assault cannons 195
Grey hunters (5) with melta gun, mark of the wulfen, power weapon, and standard in a razorback with TL assault cannons 195
Grey hunters (5) with melta gun, mark of the wulfen, power weapon, and standard in a razorback 160
Land speeder with MM and HF 70
Long fang (6) with missile launchers (4) and las/plas back 190

Priest goes in rhino for casting, dread is a swiss army knife, tarpiting, killing, and dropping in whenever needed.

sickening 01-12-12 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CE5511 (Post 1139273)
I have a tourney on the 21st and this is the list I keep tweeking

Rune priest with chooser of the slain (LL and stormcaller) 110
I would only run stormcaller if you plan on putting him with the long fangs.
Wolf guard (3) with a fist and combi melta in a rhino 164
The rhino looks like a wast of 35 point to give your RP an AV 11 bunker.
Dreadnout with heavy flamer, wolftooth necklace and drop pod 160
The points would be better on another razorback unit.
Grey hunters (5) with melta gun in a lasback 155
I would not think the power weapons are needed if you have a PF wolfguard in the unit. Not a big fan on TL AC.
Same
Grey hunters (5) with melta gun, mark of the wulfen, power weapon, and standard in a razorback 160
Cool
Long fang (6) 75 with missile launchers (4) and las/plas back 190
Not sure what the 75 is.
Priest goes in rhino for casting, dread is a swiss army knife, tarpiting, killing, and dropping in whenever needed.
I could also see the speeders doing the same job, lol just not tarpiting.

CE5511 01-13-12 01:57 AM

I agree with you on a lot of your points. I like the idea of an extra shot, +1 strength and rending with the cannons, but i hate the price on range and points. I can also see your point with the dread.
Ill work on a new list with the changes, I just have no experiance playing msu, razorspam, ect. So any ideas, tactics, and tips I can get would be apreciated, so I have to ask your logic on my rune priest and the rhino, why have stormcaller with long fangs?

Oh, and the 75 thing with the fangs, its how I write my lists and I was tired when I put it up here and forgot to take that off lol

sickening 01-13-12 12:54 PM

"I like the idea of an extra shot, +1 strength and rending with the cannons, but i hate the price on range and points"

I really don’t like the AC in this list because it forces you to get close to make it work, some armies like GK you really don’t want to be in range of their cannons. Also, I find the Las/Plas to be better just all around. With the Las/Plas if you sit still you can get 1 AP2 shot at 48, 2 at 24 and 3 at 12, moving 6 you can chose if you want to go for an Las shot at a tank or a plas shot or 2 at some troops. But the main reason I like them is because it does not become a crappy rhino after 1 weapon destroyed result.

"I just have no experiance playing msu, razorspam, ect. So any ideas, tactics, and tips I can get would be apreciated"

Well the whole point of a MSU list is to give the other player more targets than he can deal with, only having 4 Five man units don’t not really fall into this thyme, and in 2 out of 3 games troops are what really counts. Your list is on a fine line of spam and quality units and it a MSU army more is better, I would only give them a Melta gun, MotW and a Standard.

Tactics are very easy with this list, if you are playing an army you can't take in CC then sit back and shoot, if you are playing an army you can take in CC then press forward. Make sure you use your LGs to the fullest, 5 small templates on a mob or a 2+ save unit works wonders.

"so I have to ask your logic on my rune priest and the rhino, why have stormcaller with long fangs?"

An AV 11 bunker is very easy to defeat, all you need to so is shake it and your RP is not shooting. The RP is now 145 points! Most people only use the PR for shooting LL so he fits into the LF unit nicely. Now, I could have my spells mixed up because I only ever use LL, JotWW, and HM, but Stormcaller is the cover save spell? I often find it hard to get 3 units into cover, not bunched up, and in a good firing position so the mobile cover save can add some flexibility.

CE5511 01-14-12 05:14 PM

So you would recomend something a little like this?

Rune priest with CotS and talisman (LL & SC) 115

Wolf guard (3) all with fists and combi meltas and a las/plasback 204

Grey hunters (5) with MotW and melta gun with las/plasback 170
Grey hunters (5) with las/plasback 150

Long fangs (5) with 4 Missiles and lasback 190

Gives me 49 bodies and 10 vehicles

Is there a way to effectively hybridize these lists? My biggest issues are time and vehicles. My tourny is next week and I don't have this many razorbacks let alone lasplas turrets. Plus I just can't stand the idea of running a list that everyone else runs

paolodistruggiuova 01-14-12 05:53 PM

take all the razor you have, put lasplas turrets on the units without cc equip and ass cannons on cc troops (or even rhinos), then fill the rest with fangs and MM/HF speeders or better cc gear and numbers for the rhino units

CE5511 01-15-12 04:43 AM

I think I can convert one of my rhinos to a razorback but that's it. This may be the best I can do.

Rune priest with Cots (stormcaller and LL) 110
Wolf guard (3) all with fists and combi meltas 129
Grey hunters (5) with MotW, power weapon, melta gun, standard with Assback (yes, assback) 195
Grey hunters (5) with MotW, power weapon, melta gun, standard with Assback 195
Grey hunters (5) with MotW, power weapon, melta gun, standard with Assback 195
Grey hunters (5) melta gun, and las/plasback 155
Grey hunters (5) plas gun and las/plasback 160
Long fang (5) with missiles (4) and las/plasback 190

Killswitchlogic 01-15-12 02:50 PM

This is a great MSU list. The only thing I say is you had better maximize every turn or you will be sorry especially when facing a GK list because with 3 Ven's = 4 STR 8 TLAC and all those psycannons your razorbacks will either open up or at the least not be able to shoot. So I personally like the 9x GH and PF WG in rhinos over razorbacks ...move 12 smoke...next turn disembark shoot assault win. I hate relying on razorback guns if I dont have to.

sickening 01-17-12 02:46 PM

Thanks the problem with GK, they need to be FAQed to balance out the game! LOL, that’s kinda the whole point of spaming the razorbacks, if 3 get taken out T1 then you still have 5 more, oh and 3 units of longfangs.
The list is all about putting more units on the field than the other player can deal with.
The list looks very good, I would like to see 1 more hunter unit in a razorback but if this works for you, run with it.

CE5511 01-17-12 08:26 PM

Ill be honestl, I really wanna convert all my razorbacks to have las/plas, but the best I can do is all but 2. And my biggest fear will be a friend who may play knights, a shooty list with a vindi, draigo, 2 walking dreadknights, and a few razors himself : (
But we play a good amount of terrain, usualy about 4 or 5 good sized peices, so if I deploy right, knock out his raider and draigo guard and kill the dread knights and vindi, I should be good (kinda sorta). How important do you guys think the wolf guard are? Should I drop them for another hunter squad with razorback?