Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Modelling and Painting (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/27-modelling-painting/)
-   -   Female Commissar Model(s) (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/modelling-painting/103606-female-commissar-model-s.html)

Warlock in Training 01-05-12 03:45 AM

Female Commissar Model(s)
 
Anyone know of any good Female Commissar models that are GW or whatever company site? I run Catachans and they would much rather listen to a Female Commissar than any male one. So any suggestions or sites?

Thanx in advance.

shaantitus 01-05-12 04:03 AM

There was a female commisar model by gw years ago. But it is oop and rather difficult to get hold of. They do come up on ebay from time to time. There is a female commisar put out by 'brother vinni' but she has her tits out and that may not be what you are looking for.(Personally I like it a lot).There is also a conversion kit from laughing monk for cadians that converts them to females. The russian one has a torso and head for a commisar. Hope this helps.
http://www.shadowforge.com.au/workshop/work2.htm

Warlock in Training 01-05-12 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaantitus (Post 1134968)
There was a female commisar model by gw years ago. But it is oop and rather difficult to get hold of. They do come up on ebay from time to time. There is a female commisar put out by 'brother vinni' but she has her tits out and that may not be what you are looking for.(Personally I like it a lot).There is also a conversion kit from laughing monk for cadians that converts them to females. The russian one has a torso and head for a commisar. Hope this helps.
http://www.shadowforge.com.au/workshop/work2.htm

Thanx alot. I have seen this Brother Vinni model and it is flippin awsome. It fits perfect with Catachan theme. Unfortunatly its a STEEP price. Have to save up for that one.

HOBO 01-05-12 04:21 AM

I can't get the link to work but a company named Warforge have a fermale Disciplinary Officer that makes a good Commissar...check their site out.

Warlock in Training 01-05-12 04:33 AM

I cant seem to get the site working either. is it The Warforge or just Warforge?

mahavira 01-05-12 04:47 AM

http://www.ragingheroes.com/collecti...kurganova-28mm

Not quite a catachan style, but a finer female commissar you will have trouble finding.

HOBO 01-05-12 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock in Training (Post 1134982)
I cant seem to get the site working either. is it The Warforge or just Warforge?

Not sure, so what I did was type in 'female Copmmissar model' into Google, and a result came up from Warseer which has that model shown.

Hope that helps...it's a nice model.

Samules 01-05-12 04:49 AM

I found a link to the model you describe but the website is in french for whatever reason.

http://eurobitz.com/fr/2111-officier...-skivlana.html

Edit: Just noticed it's not in stock there...

Eleven 01-05-12 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahavira (Post 1134988)
http://www.ragingheroes.com/collecti...kurganova-28mm

Not quite a catachan style, but a finer female commissar you will have trouble finding.

was just about to post this.

DeathKlokk 01-05-12 01:45 PM

That Raging Heroes one is Badass!

MetalHandkerchief 01-05-12 02:26 PM

I wouldn't use the Raging Heroes one as, although it says it's 28mm, it actually stands quite a bit taller than a guardsman, which doesn't look to scale much.

HOBO 01-05-12 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samules (Post 1134991)
I found a link to the model you describe but the website is in french for whatever reason.

http://eurobitz.com/fr/2111-officier...-skivlana.html

Edit: Just noticed it's not in stock there...

Yea, that's the one...looks pretty sweet to me.

gen.ahab 01-05-12 09:09 PM

13 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief (Post 1135279)
I wouldn't use the Raging Heroes one as, although it says it's 28mm, it actually stands quite a bit taller than a guardsman, which doesn't look to scale much.

Well she is wearing stripper boots, and perhaps she is just a tall woman. It could work.

HOBO 01-05-12 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gen.ahab (Post 1135466)
Well she is wearing stripper boots, and perhaps she is just a tall woman. It could work.

Yea exactly...my missus is 6'1". Tall women can be very intimidating for many men, so fits the disciplinary theme rather well really.

infernalcaretaker 01-05-12 10:09 PM

LOOOOOVE! That raging heroes mini! I gotta get me one of those!!!

mahavira 01-06-12 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief (Post 1135279)
I wouldn't use the Raging Heroes one as, although it says it's 28mm, it actually stands quite a bit taller than a guardsman, which doesn't look to scale much.

I compared mine against one of my Cadians and she's not much taller, especially when you consider the Cadian legs aren't standing particularly straight, her heels are 5 inches or so (2mm at 64-1 scale) and her hat adds to the appearance of height. I have trouble thinking that there is nothing stranger in the 41st millenium than a female commissar of amazonian proportions.

Warlock in Training 01-06-12 06:27 PM

I love it actually. I can always do something about the scale. Thnx for that one.

shaantitus 01-08-12 12:21 PM

I posted earlier in this thread and had come back to post the details of the raging heroes model. Man that is impressive. Buying one. Even though i have traitor guard. Maybe she can be an enforcer anyway. Who says traitor guard cannot have style?

Warlock in Training 01-08-12 08:22 PM

Other than Brother Vinni's with her tatas hanging out the Raging Heros is the next best one. CHEAPER too.

murrellz 02-17-13 01:20 PM

female commissar
 
www.modelz4cheaper.com also does a few female commissars.

Oldenangry 02-18-13 11:39 PM

I still have one of the old GW female Commissars.

Too bad I'd have to do some conversion work to make her usable.

But still, a great, old miniature.

iamtheeviltwin 02-20-13 03:09 PM

Statuesque miniatures has at least one commissar figure and a number of nice looking female soldiers. The resistance line has a good military look without going down the "strippers with guns" meme.

http://statuesqueminiatures.shop033....era-venko.html


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:31 AM.

Powered by the Emperor of Man.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome