Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Television and Movies (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/174-television-movies/)
-   -   Review: 300 (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/television-movies/1033-review-300-a.html)

Antioch 03-09-07 06:40 AM

Review: 300

Not much to say, really. If you were skeptical about it being good, rest easy. The combat is intense and incredibly well done, the Spartans were Spartans, and yes, it really was awesome.

10/10.

Anphicar 03-09-07 11:14 AM

Im gunna see this on saturday. Cant wait.

The Wraithlord 03-10-07 11:12 PM

10/10

Cinematography was amazing, battle sequences were very believable, story was good, I could go on. One of the best damn movies I have seen in a LONG time and I will be heading to the theater again for it.

Warboss Dakka 03-10-07 11:37 PM

I would rate it 7/10 but consider that I reserve 10/10 only for movies that are considered ageless masterpieces. 7/10 means that it was easily worth paying to see in the theatre, was exciting and is a movie I will likely own and would even consider paying to see again. I think a 10/10 is giving it a bit too much credit though, since it relied heavily on superb cinematography as its only real breakthrough, which gets a 9/10. The music and battle sequences were very good and get a 7/10 and 8/10 respectively. The acting and plot were average and get a 5/10. That's not to say that the acting or plot were bad, they were what they were, average with nothing about them really standing out.

Antioch 03-11-07 12:15 AM

Heh. Going to see it a second time in about an hour.

I should note something. The Battle of Thermopylae is my favorite historical event ever. I mean, damn. I could write a paper about it off the top of my head.

Elchimpster 03-11-07 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antioch
Heh. Going to see it a second time in about an hour.

I should note something. The Battle of Thermopylae is my favorite historical event ever. I mean, damn. I could write a paper about it off the top of my head.

Ditto, Ditto and Ditto!
Goddam that was a good movie.

Anphicar 03-11-07 04:18 AM

This movie was actually very true to history, many lines and actions were factual.

I fricking loved it.

Antioch 03-11-07 06:46 AM

There is archaeological proof backing up the torrential downpour of arrows at the end.

Also, Leonidas = Jesus. He's got a thing for basking in light and laying in an suspicious cross shape.

cccp 03-11-07 06:45 PM

yeah from what iv seen of it it looks like a cracking movie, might go see it sometime this week. its not sposed to be properly historically accurate though is it?

Warboss Dakka 03-11-07 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antioch
There is archaeological proof backing up the torrential downpour of arrows at the end.

Also, Leonidas = Jesus. He's got a thing for basking in light and laying in an suspicious cross shape.

Eh, while that may have been what they intended, Jesus was hardly the first or only sacrificial king figure. Basking in light with your arms held wide in a brave acceptance of fate is hardly limited to Christianity. Much of the Christian mythos borrows heavily from sources far more ancient. In other words, he only = Jesus as much as he equals any other sacrificial king in any religious mythos, of which there are many.