Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Rules Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/17-40k-rules-discussion/)
-   -   Can invulnerable saves prevent wounds from dangerous terrain? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-rules-discussion/10283-can-invulnerable-saves-prevent-wounds-dangerous-terrain.html)

Culler 05-14-08 01:40 AM

Can invulnerable saves prevent wounds from dangerous terrain?

Heya. My nob bikers have 5+ invulnerable saves, but if they move through dangerous terrain and fail their check (taking a wound), do they get an invulnerable save? The reason I ask is that in the book it says no saves are allowed, but the rules haven't differentiated between types of saves by that point, and normally when invulnerable saves aren't allowed the rule in question specifically points says they aren't. Also, invulnerable saves are for when you don't get your normal saves.

Just wondering what the consensus was. (I know they get feel no pain, which isn't a save, vs. wounds from dangerous terrain. People may try to fight over that but that one's pretty clear.)

Tanrel 05-14-08 01:45 AM

Definately not. It specifically says 'No saves allowed.' Invuln saves are allowed when the normal saves or cover saves are not, for example when a squad of space marines gets hit by, say, a plasma cannon. Their normal saves are not allowed, but invulns are. So basically, if it specifically says, 'No saves allowed,' that means 'No saves allowed.'

Galahad 05-14-08 02:34 AM

Yep. If it says no saves then you get no saves. You've still got FNP, so it's not that bad. I'd go for it. 1 in 6 chance of getting a wound, 50/50 chance of ignoring it, and all the models are multi-wound so yeah...plough through that ruined building.

Tanrel 05-14-08 06:12 AM

wait, nobs have feel no pain and are multi-wound? Thats awesome!!

Lord Reevan 05-14-08 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad (Post 111659)
You've still got FNP, so it's not that bad. I'd go for it. 1 in 6 chance of getting a wound, 50/50 chance of ignoring it, .

I thought you can't take the feel no pain roll if no saves are allowed?? I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure its right....

Galahad 05-14-08 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanrel (Post 111712)
wait, nobs have feel no pain and are multi-wound? Thats awesome!!

Nobz are W2, and they can have a Painboy as an upgrade, which grants the whole unit FNP (Culler mentioned that he took that option)

Reevan: Only *Close Combat Attacks* that deny saves (or hits from anything that causes Instant Death) prevent Feel No Pain. A dangerous terrain test is not a close combat attack (neither is a failed perils of the warp check, in case you've got Mephiston ;-) ) therefore it does not deny you a Feel No Pain roll.

FNP is not a save.

Lord Reevan 05-14-08 01:04 PM

I know its not a save just coz in the rule it states that any save ignoring weapon also ignores fnp.... So any non attack wound( perils of the warp, terrain etc.) can be ignored by FNP??

Galahad 05-14-08 01:16 PM

Any wound so long as it is not from a source that causes instant death (str double your toughness), or from a Close Combat Attack that ignores saves, can be ignored with Feel No Pain. This means Dangerous Terrain, Perils of the Warp, exploding transports, etc can all be ignored by FNP if your check succeeds

Bishop120 05-14-08 03:30 PM

Dont forget plasma guns overheating.

And an important to remember for Death Guard marines getting shot by Tzentch AP3 Bolter shells and Plasma guns... lotta people dont think about those for some reason..

Tanrel 05-14-08 03:56 PM

plasma guns ignore FNP? It doesn't one shot kill any orks or marines...