Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Rules Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/17-40k-rules-discussion/)
-   -   Pain tokens from Fleeing (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-rules-discussion/102156-pain-tokens-fleeing.html)

zotb 12-04-11 10:32 PM

Pain tokens from Fleeing

The FAQ states that no matter how a unit is destroyed is a unit with Power from Pain destroys it, it gains a pain token. If a unit starts falling back because a unit with Power from Pains and it runs off the table does the unit gain one? It came up in a tournament.

OIIIIIIO 12-04-11 11:34 PM

No ... the unit was destroyed from falling off the edge of the world not directly from the DE unit.

Tim/Steve 12-05-11 06:13 AM

Hmm, better question: if 2 or more DE units surround and trap a fleeing unit do they all get a pain token, or do none of them?

Tim/Steve 12-05-11 06:15 AM

Hmm, better question: if 2 or more DE units surround and trap a fleeing unit do they all get a pain token, or do none of them?

Fallen 12-05-11 07:20 AM

i would again go with "none of them". you basically have to either shoot the enemy to bits & goo, or slash the enemy into pieces of KFC..."i would like a 10-piece meal of SMs please, oh and extra legs."

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH 12-05-11 01:41 PM

Hate to spoil everyones guessing attempt but:

EEEHHHHH!!! WROONG!!

From the DE FAQ:

Quote:

Q: If a unit with the Power from Pain special rule
destroys an enemy unit, does it gain a pain token no
matter how the unit was destroyed? For example the
resultant explosion from shooting at a vehicle wipes
out an enemy unit. (p25)
A: Yes.
So, if you make them run off the table, you get a pain token (seeing as the BRB says they count as destroyed when falling off the table).
Although with Tim/Steve's example I would only give the token to the unit causing them to flee. If they fled due to panic caused by multiple units shooting, I would just roll a dice to see who gets the token. Giving it to them all seems like cheating.

KhainiteAssassin 12-05-11 01:49 PM

yeah only one pain token is ever given out, and is given to the unit of DE that "caused" the death of said unit, which includes blowing up a vehicle to wipe the squad out, running them off the table edge / massacreing, and the like.

in the rare event of something like multiple units shooting to make a unit flee off the board edge, I would either give it to the last unit to shoot the unit, or roll off.

Bogg 12-06-11 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH (Post 1119212)
Hate to spoil everyones guessing attempt but:

EEEHHHHH!!! WROONG!!

From the DE FAQ:

So, if you make them run off the table, you get a pain token (seeing as the BRB says they count as destroyed when falling off the table).
Although with Tim/Steve's example I would only give the token to the unit causing them to flee. If they fled due to panic caused by multiple units shooting, I would just roll a dice to see who gets the token. Giving it to them all seems like cheating.

:read:

Nice! You told them all, at Once !

As a Dark Eldar Player, this was news to me, dont know how I missed it, since Im vigourously reading the Codex/BRB/FAQ each time im at the crapper, but this eluded me,

Thanks for enlightining me, danish dude !:ok: