Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Space Marine Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/139-space-marine-army-lists/)
-   -   1750 - Blood Angels - Tourney list for the next year (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/space-marine-army-lists/101149-1750-blood-angels-tourney-list-next-year.html)

Crimzzen 11-14-11 08:02 PM

1750 - Blood Angels - Tourney list for the next year

Hey everyone,

Looking to iron out my BA list for the upcoming tourney season - 1750. What I think I'm going with is this (Note, if you don't like the taste of spam turn away now!):

Librarian - Fear of the Dark, Sanguine Shield - 100

2x Sanguinary Priest - 100

RAS - 5 Marines (meltagun, lightning claw), LasPlas Razorback - 180
RAS - 5 Marines (meltagun), LasPlas Razorback - 165

Baal Pred (Assault Cannon) - 115
Baal Pred (Assault Cannon) - 115

AC/LAS Predator - 135
Rifleman Dreadnought - 120

Thoughts? Weakness'? Suggestions?

The alternate would be running 4 lightning claws and upgrading the rifleman to a blood talon furioso?

Blood_Knight 11-15-11 08:10 AM

main thing i see is your lack of strength (PFs) MCs, dreads etc could walk through your army and once they get their hands on a unit without worrying about getting hurt. id suggest drop a RAS, upgrade to fists and get the priests PWs and melta bombs. at the very least get the ras' meltabombs for walkers, wont do much for MCs, but hopefully all the lasplas will take care of them.

warlock5184 11-15-11 03:43 PM

I agree with Blood_Knight drop the last assault/razorback unit and use those 165pts to upgrade army. Change out lighting claws for power fist on assault sgt that 50pts. Put a Hunter-Killer Missile on the Baal Predators since Assault Cannon got a range of 24inch you may or may not have a target on first turn this give a str 8 shot right off the back to pop light armor like transports for 20pts. At the very least get the Furioso Dreadnought front armor 13 has saved my dreadnoughts more often then a standard dreads 12 only cost you 5 more points. Since your using so many Razorbacks maybe think about upgrade Furioso Dread in a Librarian, 50pts, with Wings of Sanguinius (move up to 12inch) and Shield (cover saves) that way you insure that all your razorbacks get a cover save and dreadnought can keep pace with your attack. And lastly give your Sanguinary Priest power weapons and melta bombs 20pts each. Comes out to 165pts. Good Luck, hopes this helps.

Crimzzen 11-17-11 12:05 AM

Usually I'm a great proponent of Power Fists, especially on assaulting units but I think with FC and such small units, the LC will suffice for the non-CC dedicated units I'd charge. I don't plan on assaulting dreads, so the 2 attacks a power fist would net me has a decent chance of doing very little to the dread and costing me 25 points. I'll just shoot em or accept the loss. A podding dread I'll get to shoot at while a walking dread will never make it vs all my firepower and meltas.

I've modified the list slightly in that I've dropped an additional LC (so 2 units have no LC) and upgraded the rifleman to another AC/Las Pred. The No LC units will either charge soft units or join LC units in a multi-assault should I see the need to.

Libby

RAS - LC
RAS - LC
RAS - LC
RAS - LC
RAS
RAS

Baal Pred
Baal Pred

AC/LAS Pred
AC/LAS Pred