Conversion services - Looking to pay for a conversion - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-14, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Default Conversion services - Looking to pay for a conversion

Greetings heretics!

I am looking for a interesting conversion job that is a tad larger than my skills. As such, I am looking for a very skilled converter or a service that people know, to do a job on my army warlord.

However, I would like to have Kranon the Relentless on a bike. The inspiration is this:

If you look at the model:

you can see he's not exactly the most flexible model out there. I have attained the following bits, that should be of use:

- Kranon Model
- Bike + Rider
- Chaos Chosen Champion

The two miniatures can be seen here side-by-side:

In the original inspiration photo you can see they used the Chosen Champions arm for example. I would like to have the Sword on him however, as this is what i will be used most of the time.

So the job in essence is: Kranon on bike with his sword outstretched in his arm. The cape is not a necessity, as that would probably be a tad dangerous to have on a bike anyway. The reason I want I want someone else to do it, is that it requires skilled greenstuff work on his legs and shoulderpads from the looks of it, and my skills are not... as adequate as my painting is. I want him to look like a million bucks, so I capitulate and want to outsource this important piece of my army to someone else.

The only question that remains is, if either there is a talented sculpter/converter on this site or if people know of a service based in Europe that can take on this sort of thing. If there's a guy on these forums, with a good enough rapsheet I would be happy to discuss pay for this sort of gig.

Looking forward to all of your input!

Last edited by Nordicus; 09-18-14 at 06:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-14, 02:09 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I'm pretty confident I could pull that conversion off, but wouldn't it be more fun to try it yourself? It really doesn't look that wildly complicated, and GS is easy enough to pull off and try again if you don't like what it looks like. For a long time I was nervous about doing my own GS work, but after a few failed attempts I'm competent- just like developing painting skills, it's the same level of attention to detail. I actually find GS work to be less time consuming that some of my highlighting ambitions...

Either way, solid looking finished product for a Lord on bike. Are you providing the pieces for whomever gets the gig?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-14, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Either way, solid looking finished product for a Lord on bike. Are you providing the pieces for whomever gets the gig?
Yes, I have the 3 complete models mentioned above.

While I agree that it could be fun to do myself, I would rather start up small and not start with a model as crucial for my army as this one. Conversion has never really struck me, so I'm at a basic level. That's why I want this guy to be made by someone else.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-14, 08:14 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

It would be a little bit of a challenge but not a major thing. The hard part is going to be cutting Kranon out of his cape which is a shame because it is nicely detailed cape. Once that is done two arm swaps right arm the champion holding the sword and then the bike riders left arm holding the bike. After that it would be using either the riders legs or using the salt method bending Kranon's legs to fit the bike. Add a new cape and the awesome backpack fill in the gaps with green stuff and done. You may want to contact some of the painting services they will sometimes do conversions for you.

I could do it but I am in the states but you should have no trouble finding skilled people. Svertmetal might do it for you he is good with greenstuff and conversions.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-14, 03:32 AM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

Why is this in Off-Topic??!

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-14, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Why is this in Off-Topic??!
Not sure to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfangdakka View Post
I could do it but I am in the states but you should have no trouble finding skilled people. Svertmetal might do it for you he is good with greenstuff and conversions.
It's always nice to have options. So far I have been unable to find anyone who would take on the job, but maybe @Svartmetall would be up for it. What say you, fellow Chaos Champion - Is it something you would take on?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-14, 10:47 AM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

If my noise marines and nurgle Terminators turn out to your likeing I could take the job.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-14, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriouce View Post
f my noise marines and nurgle Terminators turn out to your likeing I could take the job.
That sounds awesome - I look forward to seeing your progress!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-14, 04:36 PM

Blissful Brushes's Flag is: England

I would definitely be up for that

Come take a look at my work:
The Bloody Twelfth, The Lords of the Sands

Luna Wolves 14th Company

For my 14th Company Novella

Grimdark Orks

I do commissions, email/pm me:
Blissful Brushes

I always look to improve, as such I always look for ways other people can improve and what elements are good already, please bear that in mind if you ever think any of my comments are overly critical: it's not personal!
Strive for excellence in all that you do.

Blissful Brushes.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

And sold to @Blissful Brushes !

Can't wait to see what you make of it!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting > Painting and Modelling Services

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode