Painting Word Bearers Cultists - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-13, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Saintspirit's Flag is: Sweden

Default Painting Word Bearers Cultists

Here I come with part 2 of my Word Bearers tutorial: the one describing Cultists. While the way I paint them is quite similar to how I do my CSM, there are still some differences which you may notice here. I would also like to point out that since the Cultists armour and clothing usually is pretty improvised, it is not always necessary to make it that regular and precise - as such, there is nothing that says you cannot place the colours on other parts of the model than shown here. Now then, let us begin.

1. First, I used Khorne Red on the jacket, shoes, left eye and shoulder pad, and Cadian Fleshtone on the skin.

2. Next, I painted the trims, gunmetal, barbed wire and his trinket with Boltgun Metal, and the belt and armlets with Baneblade Brown. Then, I fixed any small mistakes I had done (like if I had accidentally painted something on the black parts).

3. Then, I layered the remaining black parts with a 2:1 blend of Abaddon Black and Codex Grey, and after that I washed everything - except the flesh and beige parts - with Badab Black. When that was dry, I washed what hadn't been washed with Gryphonne Sepia.

4. Now, I painted a layering on the red parts with Khorne Red, highlighted the metallic parts with Chainmail, and did an Extreme HL of a 1:2 blend of Abaddon Black and Codex Grey on the black parts.

5. Finally, I highlighted the beige parts with a 2:1 blend of Baneblade Brown and Bleached Bone, layered the skin with a 1:1 blend of Cadian Fleshtone and Rakarth Flesh, and painted the gem (as there was one on this Cultist) to look like ambers (see the amberguide in the first post).

6. Fix the base, and you have another fanatic heretic existing mainly to be killed in the name of the gods!

Hope you enjoyed this one as much as the first. Next part might possibly be a Possessed or a Warp Talon, although I haven't decided yet.

My Word Bearers Project
My Tutorials - part 1: Word Bearer
My Tutorials - part 2: Word Bearer Cultist
My Tutorials - part 3: Plaguebearer
My Tutorials - part 4: Plague Marine
Quote:
To make a model into a piece of art, you need to find a model that you like, and a painting scheme that you love.
Quote:
"They are fierce indeed these Kor, and savage. I look upon them and tremble at their ferocity. I can only hope that when the enemy sees them they tremble as I do."

Last edited by Cypher871; 11-04-13 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Separated from original post / layout
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-13, 06:21 PM
Innovative Forge-Lord

Cypher871's Flag is: England

Cheers for part 2 Saint. I have separated this from your original post...it makes it easier to find tutorials in the index if they are their own independent tute.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-13, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Saintspirit's Flag is: Sweden

Fair enough. Nice in any case to hear you like it.

My Word Bearers Project
My Tutorials - part 1: Word Bearer
My Tutorials - part 2: Word Bearer Cultist
My Tutorials - part 3: Plaguebearer
My Tutorials - part 4: Plague Marine
Quote:
To make a model into a piece of art, you need to find a model that you like, and a painting scheme that you love.
Quote:
"They are fierce indeed these Kor, and savage. I look upon them and tremble at their ferocity. I can only hope that when the enemy sees them they tremble as I do."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Tutorials > Painting and Airbrushing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode