Developing a more 'mature' gaming system. - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Other Systems For the discussion of non GW games such as Malifaux, Dystopian Wars, Flames of War, AT43 and Secrets of the Third Reich.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-27-08, 10:49 PM

pyroanarchist's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroanarchist View Post
Maybe give every army access to some kind of weapon platform (similar to IG's heavy teams only you would have to position a squad to man the platform). They could choose the gun on the platform and each would have a different point cost. They would be cheaper than a tank with the same guns, but they would be immobile. This could even be fully customizable with points cost for different AV's for the platform, maybe upgrade from tripod weapon, to sandbag emplacement, to bunker. Maybe an option to shoot the troop manning the platform but they would get cover saves depending on which type of platform. It would be easy to incorporate this into the looting situation if you went that direction. If you kill the squad, but don't blow the bunker you could make use of the platform yourself.
A bit of a re-think here and if this gets incorporated the looted weapon should probably be fired at a lower skill level to show that the new shooters aren't used to this type of gun. Maybe even take an entire round to learn to fire the weapon.

Blood for the Blood God!

Brass Scorpion Project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-27-08, 10:54 PM

32BitHero's Flag is: USA

I want to hear what Hesp has to say about htat

I know its simple but for some reason it seems complicated?!!?!? maybe im just tired and at work but bleh idk

yeah that seems reasonable pyro and would make it really fun
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-27-08, 11:09 PM

loyalist42's Flag is: USA

hmmm...this project sounds extremely interesting...

one thing that's always irked me about 40k is that there's no representation of getting hit from behind. i know that with most collectible mini games, there's a 'rear arc' to the model that grants a damage bonus if you can hit it...seems to me you ought to be rewarded for locking a model in combat, then hitting them from the rear with another model. just a thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navar89
if I hang out with you any more I just might pick up 40K...You, sir, are dangerous.

Holy shit, I've a plog again!

post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-27-08, 11:11 PM

It could be, but it could end up being more complicated than its worth. I'd like to hear some input on that kind of stuff as well. Once we get the basics hashed out this should come along very quick with all of the input and ideas so far.

Blood for the Blood God!

Brass Scorpion Project
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-27-08, 11:13 PM

Mechwarrior has an incredibly simple hit from behind system and i think it could be done simply and effectively decrease Armor or increase possibility to get hit (enemy cant try to dodge?)

(Sic) since 1989
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-27-08, 11:42 PM

Sorry Loyalist, I was posting while you were. Mine was directed above. As to hitting the rear armour or coming up behind an enemy that sounds like a cool idea. I never really thought about it while playing 40k, but I should have considering D&D uses attacks of opportunity and GURPS you catch them off guard and they can't react (block/parry/dodge).

Blood for the Blood God!

Brass Scorpion Project
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-27-08, 11:59 PM

Maybe when hesp gets back online we can get a chat room up for this?

I think a wide variety of races could be used so that multiple time periods and playing styles can be sated.

Just have things balanced out. Maybe races can have different orientations? Magic Firearms, close combat weapons, savagery, armor? Everything has weaknesses The Rock Paper Scissors effect

(Sic) since 1989
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-28-08, 12:04 AM

loyalist42's Flag is: USA

hmmm, yeah....

perhaps races get a bonus for using a certain type of weapon...like tanks for IG, CC for orks, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navar89
if I hang out with you any more I just might pick up 40K...You, sir, are dangerous.

Holy shit, I've a plog again!
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-28-08, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32BitHero View Post
Just have things balanced out. Maybe races can have different orientations? Magic Firearms, close combat weapons, savagery, armor? Everything has weaknesses The Rock Paper Scissors effect
Thats kinda where I was headed with the idea of at least one very advanced race and at least one very savage race. Getting a chat going would be cool.

Blood for the Blood God!

Brass Scorpion Project
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-28-08, 12:14 AM

Hesp has a great idea where there are a number of races (5 i think he said) and each race is subdivided to different factions. This would give lots of room for different play styles with the same race and different play styles would give you th opprotunity to have arock paper and scissors with each race

(Sic) since 1989
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode