Infinity players? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Other Systems For the discussion of non GW games such as Malifaux, Dystopian Wars, Flames of War, AT43 and Secrets of the Third Reich.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-11, 02:32 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Just discovering the game now and i was wonder how it plays in comparrison to 40k? From what I can tell its much more tactical, and theres alot of rules to remember, but it certain does seem fun, and the models are pretty damned amazing too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-19-11, 09:27 AM

chromedog's Flag is: Australia

Be warned that as a noob, you will probably have games that last all of 10 minutes, before you even get your turn as active player (even with AROs) should you not have the luck of going first.

My first game had me in Loss of Lieutenant (LoL) AND "in retreat" by the time we got to my turn 1 (went 2nd). That took all of 10 minutes. My turn consisted of electing a new Lt and running away off the table.

It wasn't a good game. I've got better since. My games often make it to turn 2 or three now with the odd win.

Going first trumps deploying first.

Hey! Where'd ... Everybody ... go?
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-11, 05:27 PM

I myself have recently found this game, I am going to getting my fellow gamers playing it to see if we like, I came accross this site, giving a good review for 40k players

http://wargamingtrader.com/tags/infinity-40k-players

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-11, 04:36 AM

chromedog's Flag is: Australia

Talking of amazing models.
The Cutter. Remote-operated battlesuit with thermoptic camo and a gun that fires a selection of ammo including explosive (three saves per hit).

And the antidote for camo on the other side:
Aquila guard.
Multi-spectral visor lvl 3 - ignores all camo modifiers and allows shots against them as if they were in plain sight (does not ignore cover mods).

Hey! Where'd ... Everybody ... go?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-04-12, 01:26 PM
Grey Knight Converter

asianavatar's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Just discovering the game now and i was wonder how it plays in comparrison to 40k? From what I can tell its much more tactical, and theres alot of rules to remember, but it certain does seem fun, and the models are pretty damned amazing too
I agree the models are fricken amazing. A few of my friends are starting, but I am not as I have way to much to work on already. Doing dystopian wars right now as well as waiting for the new Vampire Counts.

I did look at the rules and from what I get its closer to warmachine than warhammer. Its more individual model based with an action/reaction mechanic. It is also a d20 system where you make a test roll against your values to see what happens, the opponent than can make a test against their value to avoid your action or do something else. Its an interesting system but can be a little confusing at the start. Game looks interesting though. Coolest part, you have guys that can hack and disable robots or vehicles.

I used to roll the dice, Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes

Quote:
I'm afraid there's no authoritative source for thinking you're an asshole
Aramoro

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode