Zombies Battle Report!!!!! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Other Systems For the discussion of non GW games such as Malifaux, Dystopian Wars, Flames of War, AT43 and Secrets of the Third Reich.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-21-11, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

The144thCadianPlatoon's Flag is: Canada

Default Zombies Battle Report!!!!!

Just had some friends over for March break and we had a very fun/successful game of Zombies! We used a modified version of AKULA'S AR:SE zombie gaming rules. It's a great system for fast easy play. Just search on google, its free!
For this game there were 3 teams (3 characters each) entering a rural town in search of supplies/survivors. Each objective you find is worth points and whoever has the most at the end of the game wins.

My team- Carl, a SWAT officer with M16, leading two cops Jack and Mary. jack had a riot shield and billy club while Mary had a pistol.

Craig's team-Indiana Jones with an SMG, leading two other adventurers Mark and Steve. (pistol and rifle)

Justin's team- Redneck Earl Everwood with an LMG, leading two other hicks, Jededia and Willie (with SMG and pistol).

Everyone started at a table edge of their choosing, and 18 zeds started on the board. The humans quickly (perhaps Too quickly) sprang into action, with Craig's team opening up on the closest zombies and My team charging at one group of four. Justin's team was in no immediate danger so he opted to move safely behind some buildings.

Things already start going down hill as officer Jack gets ripped apart in CC and zombifying instantly. The remainder of my team realizes how dangerous it is in the open so they rush to the subway tunnel. After shooting again, Craig's team starts to attract ALOT of zombies to their small alley way and almost become trapped. Luckily Indiana Jones hops into a garbage truck and (after picking up the others) slams through the wall blocking them in, going straight for the police station. Justin continues to stay out of the action, instead searching houses and not seeing much.

My group had to miss a turn while they travel through the tunnel, but atleast they're safe! Craig's team runs into an autoshop where they find a mechanic with SMG! Justin has a close shave with a mob of zombies in a building but eventually deals with them.

Upon exiting the Subway, my team heads for an abandoned army compound, in which they find a doctor with rifle and a drunk man with a pistol. Many zombies chase Craig's team into the police station, where Mark and Steve barricade themselves in some jail cells, while Indiana and the mechanic clear out the back room.

Around 40 zombies surround the front of the police station, and start to break down the door. My team get's a steady wave of zombies every turn now, as they slowly move towards an HMG setup on the street. Justin loses a man to a mob as his men retreat from a restaurant.

The zombies flow into the police station, clogging the hallway and trapping the two men in the cells. The whole team opens fire on the zeds, taking many down, but every turn the dead are replaced with new zombies constantly streaming in. Indiana calls out to my team for help, but we are busy mowing down a horde chasing us. The HMG really helped out here.

A tank zombie has arrived!!! I finish off my zombies and attack the tank with everything I have, while the mechanic in Craig's team get's bitten and infected. Indiana helps him up as they continue fighting back the mob inside the station, and the others hold out in their cells... for now.

After my team wounds the tank twice, it smashes through the back door of the police station and charges straight at Indiana and the mechanic! They pour their SMG fire into it but it is unharmed, and crushes the mechanic with its mighty fist. Indiana is also thrown against a wall and wounded. There are 11 zombies still in the police station, who now swarm over Indiana, killing him. Both of the prison cell's gates are down to half strength, but the two trapped men fight on!

My two cops finally make it to the police station, in time to kill the tank before it could smash down the cell gates. The doctor and Carl fail to start 6 cars before they finally find a set of keys inside one. The two drive their car full speed right into the police station, destroying the entire mob in one swift blow. The car becomes a wreck, blocking the front door. This huge number of kills now gave me the lead, which Craig previously had. Gone insane from the loss of their two comrades, his last two men open fire on their saviors, wounding Carl twice and knocking him off his feet. My team returns fire and guns them down. Now my team is trapped in the police station, as 10 more zombies come to the door.

Justin is suddenly attacked by a new Tank zombie, who bludgeons poor Willie into dust before his team can destroy it. My team finds cover and holds off the zombie assault. Around this time our game ended, because people had to do other stuff. Everyone had lots of fun (it was Craig's first time playing). and now we know the dangers of CloseCombat and friendly fire... Maybe we shouldn't do that next time? It ended up with me as the winner at 37 points, with Craig close behind at 33 points, and Justin in 3rd place with 28 points.

Thanks for reading our zombie battle report! If you'd like to try it search AKULA's AR:SE rules on google.
-For humans we used an assortment of 40k, Hero Clix, and other random miniatures with cool weapons. -For Zombies we used some mini soldiers from the dollar store (cut, converted and painted to be zombie like).

93 Zombies were Decapitated in the making of this Battrep.

"Statistically, you will almost certainly die when assaulting a well-maintained fortress with a competent commander. You must strive to make your death useful."
-Training Manual, Penal Legion, Suicide Bomb Squads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 07:50 PM

Weapon's Flag is: Ireland

What did you do for scenery and buildings?

Also: Awesome report.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode