Magic The Gathering - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Other Systems For the discussion of non GW games such as Malifaux, Dystopian Wars, Flames of War, AT43 and Secrets of the Third Reich.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-09, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

inqusitor_me's Flag is: Scotland

Default Magic The Gathering

so guys who plays and what type of deck do we all have?

mine is a red/blue deck with chace and chandra in it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-09, 05:05 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

I just recently got myself back into it, which was probably a mistake (addictive personality + booster packs = fail) and I've ended up with a handful of decks... my favorite is an angel deck that's actually become quite competitive-- it's got a playset of beta Swords to Plowshares in it (so it's not Standard legal, but honestly... who cares? I play casually), assorted beefy angels and the mana acceleration to get them out quickly, a bunch of enchantments of various types, and three Sigil of the Empty Thrones; I've got a burn deck, a blue douchery deck featuring no less than ten "tim" cards (Prodigial Sorcerer x4, Stinging Barrier x4, and Fledgling Mawcor x2); a black deck that's built around the idea of stalling using regenerating weenies and assorted things that make the opponent mill or discard; and I've got a green deck I'm still sort of working on... kind of the classic elves as weenies, thorn elementals and assorted wurms as the big 'uns, and mana acceleration and cheap buffs to get everything rolling. It's just not really competitive.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-09, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

sounds like a fun game if we went up ageinst each offer as i have nasty habbit of decking ppl and my self

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-09, 06:10 PM

Rahmiel's Flag is: USA

I play mainly white decks. Soldiers, Samurai and my Angel deck project. Hey Son of Horus what do you use to get mana faster? Thats my key downfall.

Berkswarhammer40k.blogspot.com Berks county and surrounding areas warhammer and 40k group. Club meets every first and third Saturday of the month. Stop in and meet the crew.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-09, 08:55 PM

Never have managed to get into it myself though I know a fair few people who collect/play.

Regards,
Jake.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-09, 10:25 PM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

I've played in the past, my fave combo was black/red, although occasionally I'd try to push my luck and add a third colour either green or blue in there for a laugh.
Still have some of my cards left, but did sell about half of my collection a year or two back.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-09, 11:43 PM
Nitro's Flag is: USA

I havnt played since morningtide came out, i played competetively since urza's block, pro tour qualifiers, grand prix's' state and regional championship's.
Sitting on my dresser is a Near mint unlimited black lotus in one of those super heavy thick cases, the kind that are like an inch thick plexiglass.

As far as playing all i have built right now is a non type 2 legal totem deck that ran march of the machines and 4 wrath of god and 2 damnation. Used to Wrath, drop march of the machines and run over them with artifacts that turns before were mana producers. It was a fun deck and not meant to be at all serious untill i realized how well it dealt with control decks and it completely ran over tier1 elves. unfortunitly between work and home i dont have the time to play it anymore, luckily mah woman plays warhammer so i get away with that.

I might come back to it one day, my dci rating is pretty high somewhere around 1800 which sux cause thats a first round GP buy.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-09, 11:48 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahmiel View Post
I play mainly white decks. Soldiers, Samurai and my Angel deck project. Hey Son of Horus what do you use to get mana faster? Thats my key downfall.
I use Marble Diamond and Thran Dynamo to help get the mana rolling, although I also try to keep the curve down by only including a couple cards with a cost higher than 5. Morphing Exalted Angel works well too, since you can get her out by turn 4, and she's got lifelink and vigilance.

Another way to have a functioning Angel deck without needing to worry about mana is to run a handful of blockers (Angelic wall, Valiant Guard), a ton of inexpensive enchantments that either buff your blockers (Serra's Embrace, Asha's Favor, Holy Strength), or eliminate your opponent's creatures as threats (Faith's Fetters, Pacifism) and run Sigil of the Empty Throne, which gives you a 4/4 angel token every time you cast an enchantment.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-09, 11:57 AM

onlainari's Flag is: Australia

I have a blue green deck with simic sky swallower, I have a black green deck with mana ramp, card draw, and creature kill (win condition is urza's factory), I have a black and green EDH deck with Sapling of Colfenor as my general, I have a mono white deck with flying creatures and removal, and I'm about to get another blue green deck based around time of need and legendary creatures.

Jugger
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-09, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

would like to see pics of peoples fav card pays when i get home when i get home i'll will get pics up of the 5 turn killer play i play most of the time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode